• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
    He doesn't have dragons bro.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      What was with his voice? Maybe I'm not remembering it because he's been gone a while, but he sounded like Irish Batman or something. So weird.

That scene was so creepy.
      The actor is Irish and terrible at accents just listen to him in the wire.

Comment

• Goddamn I love this show

Comment

• Love this show.

I'm siding with The Lannisters.

Comment

• So the author George Martin has been getting a lot of emails about Jaime's scene, this is from his livejournal page:
            Since a lot of people have been emailing me about this, however, I will reply... but please, take any further discussion of the show to one of the myriad on-line forums devoted to that. I do not want long detailed dissections and debates about the TV series here on my blog.

As for your question... I think the "butterfly effect" that I have spoken of so often was at work here. In the novels, Jaime is not present at Joffrey's death, and indeed, Cersei has been fearful that he is dead himself, that she has lost both the son and the father/ lover/ brother. And then suddenly Jaime is there before her. Maimed and changed, but Jaime nonetheless. Though the time and place is wildly inappropriate and Cersei is fearful of discovery, she is as hungry for him as he is for her.

The whole dynamic is different in the show, where Jaime has been back for weeks at the least, maybe longer, and he and Cersei have been in each other's company on numerous occasions, often quarreling. The setting is the same, but neither character is in the same place as in the books, which may be why Dan & David played the sept out differently. But that's just my surmise; we never discussed this scene, to the best of my recollection.

Also, I was writing the scene from Jaime's POV, so the reader is inside his head, hearing his thoughts. On the TV show, the camera is necessarily external. You don't know what anyone is thinking or feeling, just what they are saying and doing.

If the show had retained some of Cersei's dialogue from the books, it might have left a somewhat different impression -- but that dialogue was very much shaped by the circumstances of the books, delivered by a woman who is seeing her lover again for the first time after a long while apart during which she feared he was dead. I am not sure it would have worked with the new timeline.

That's really all I can say on this issue. The scene was always intended to be disturbing... but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for something to happen. I'm tired of watching Game of King's landing. I let it go the first few episodes but this is getting boring
              Nobody gives a **** about the politics in King's landing. I want to see what's going on with the white walkers, with the wildling army, and also what's going on with the greyjoys occupation of the north.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Yeah, Tywin clearly only cares about his family's reputation not his family members individually. The scene with him "counciling" Tommen in front of Joffrey's rotting corpse and his grieving daughter truly highlights his proprieties and motives.
                Tywin might have been the one that killed Joffrey. Tommen is much easier to control, and he's the one with the most to gain from Joffrey's death.

Comment

• The director of the episode said his scene is consensual sex at the end....you can see Cersei kissing him back, wrapping his legs around him, undoing his clothes and saying "It's not right" is obviously about the location-moment, not because she thinks she is being raped...It played a bit awkwardly, but i thought the "nononoalrightyes" intent of the scene was clear, but i also thought the slower viewers needed something obvious to make it clear it was consensual...the no means no crowd (ironic, taking such a black and white stance in such a grey viewing experience)are being particularly annoying about it...
                  Last edited by -Hyperion-; 04-21-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    The director of the episode said his scene is consensual sex at the end....you can see Cersei kissing him back, wrapping his legs around him, and saying "It's not right" is obviously about the location-moment, not because she thinks she is being raped...It played a bit awkwardly, but i thought the "nononoalrightyes" intent of the scene was clear, but i also though the slower viewers needed something obvious to make it clear it was consensual...the no means no crowd (ironic, taking such a black and white stance in such a grey viewing experience)are being particularly annoying about it...
                    Ehhh... I always thought it was consensual. She was fighting back at first, but gave in eventually..... that sounds weird, SVU would have my ass

also nothing says I miss you son like banging your sister next to your dead son's corpse, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                      I'm still waiting for something to happen. I'm tired of watching Game of King's landing. I let it go the first few episodes but this is getting boring
                      Nobody gives a **** about the politics in King's landing. I want to see what's going on with the white walkers, with the wildling army, and also what's going on with the greyjoys occupation of the north.
                      The king died lol. What are you talking about.

Also you have to remember the setup of the seasons they always climax at episode 8 so there is just building tension and story with some action scenes thrown in until that point. You also have to consider with Joffrey dying in episode 2, a big event in the show, it is only in there as a catalyst for things to come. So I guess be patient is the only thing I can say.

The one thing that bothers me is Daenrys' storyline. We really are not invested with her at all. When they show Westeros there are multiple storylines and characters clashing over each segment, but with her we just have her and there is no danger. The one point that George RR Martin has made his signature (no one is safe) is completely lost on her because as of right now she is just going around sacking random cities that we don't care about and we know she is going to conquer because that whole storyline would be completely pointless if they just killed her off.

Comment

Working...
                      X