Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With the 1st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the 1st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select..

...Sam Bradford from Oklahoma University.

I thought for the longest we would get Suh, but it is pretty apparent to me that my Rams will select Bradford, which is NOT a bad choice at all.

Who do you think your favorite team with select? Who would you like for your team to select?

Bradford is ok but im not sure if you guys have the pieces around him to give him success right off the bat

you still have S-Jack which will really relieve some pressure but IIRC, you need receivers and upgrades to the O-line

as for my Raiders, whoever runs the fastest 40

Comment

Mak, stop hating on my boy from Maryland.

As for the Rams, its pretty clear that Bradford is the front runner by a good margin but dont be shocked to see my Skins make a trade with you guys for him. It seems like we may really like him but most of the fans around here think Campbell can be good if he got some protection so most people want us to draft OL for the first 2 rounds but there are alot who also think Campbell isnt the guy and if you think Bradford or Clausen is Franchise material then you have to take them. It seems like everyone likes Sam but is 50/50 in Jimmy. He kinda seems like a Shanahan type kid but theyve been pretty tight lipped. Most think it will be between Clausen & Okung

Comment

I want the eagles to get either brandon ****es or taylor mays but im sure they will pick an o linemen

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
          Bradford is ok but im not sure if you guys have the pieces around him to give him success right off the bat

you still have S-Jack which will really relieve some pressure but IIRC, you need receivers and upgrades to the O-line

as for my Raiders, whoever runs the fastest 40
          You're right, I don't think that he will have INSTANT success with our wide receiver core. At this point on offense ALL WE HAVE IS SJ39, which sucks because if we happen to lose him to injury its a wrap. But he is very productive and is one of the best 2-3 backs in the league, but he won't last that much longer if he has to do it ALL by himself yet another season. Hopefully, we can make a few more moves in free agency to add a very solid wr, another rb to the table that brings a different aspect than SJ39.

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          Mak, stop hating on my boy from Maryland.

As for the Rams, its pretty clear that Bradford is the front runner by a good margin but dont be shocked to see my Skins make a trade with you guys for him. It seems like we may really like him but most of the fans around here think Campbell can be good if he got some protection so most people want us to draft OL for the first 2 rounds but there are alot who also think Campbell isnt the guy and if you think Bradford or Clausen is Franchise material then you have to take them. It seems like everyone likes Sam but is 50/50 in Jimmy. He kinda seems like a Shanahan type kid but theyve been pretty tight lipped. Most think it will be between Clausen & Okung
          I think the Skins will end up getting Clausen or McCoy. I think we would be silly to trade this pick at this point. We need to go ahead and lock down Bradford and build the rest of the offense around him as our franchise quarterback.

Comment

King Kong Suh baby! The Lions could have, dare I say it, a strong defensive line next year...even dominant at times. Suh, Corey Williams and Sammie Lee Hill in the middle with Vanden Bosch, Jason Hunter and Cliff Avril on the edges. Jim Schwartz knows how to put together a good D-line.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
              King Kong Suh baby! The Lions could have, dare I say it, a strong defensive line next year...even dominant at times. Suh, Corey Williams and Sammie Lee Hill in the middle with Vanden Bosch, Jason Hunter and Cliff Avril on the edges. Jim Schwartz knows how to put together a good D-line.

you guys will draft another WR, gringo

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                you guys will draft another WR, gringo
                there was a time when that was true. thank god matt millen has ****ed off. you could be sure he'd take the biggest cut up, head case in the pack too.

i wonder who has taken the higher number of busts between the raiders and lions in the last 10 years...?

Comment

since the year 2000, lions and raiders first round picks:

lions

stockar mcdougle - bust
                  jeff backus - solid but playing out of position
                  joey heisman - bussa bus
                  charles rogers - bust/convict
                  roy williams - underachiever but good
                  kevin jones - bust'ish
                  mike williams - brutal
                  ernie sims - good
                  calvin johnson - great
                  gosder cherilus - decent starter so far
                  matt stafford - looks promising
                  brandon pettigrew - looks promising

raiders

seabass janikowski - good but unpredictable
                  derrick gibson - bust
                  napoleon harris - bust'ish
                  phillip buchanon - solid underachiever
                  nnamdi aso - great
                  tyler brayton - bust
                  robert gallery - busty
                  fabian washington - decent
                  michael huff - meh...rotating with hiram eugene?
                  jamarcus bustell - bust
                  darren mcfadden - bust thus far
                  darius heyward-bey - he's fast

so to sum up, we both suck at drafting. only thing is that you still have al davis, but we sent matt millen to the glue factory. advantage lions.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
                    since the year 2000, lions and raiders first round picks:

lions

stockar mcdougle - bust
                    jeff backus - solid but playing out of position
                    joey heisman - bussa bus
                    charles rogers - bust/convict
                    roy williams - underachiever but good
                    kevin jones - bust'ish
                    mike williams - brutal
                    ernie sims - good
                    calvin johnson - great
                    gosder cherilus - decent starter so far
                    matt stafford - looks promising
                    brandon pettigrew - looks promising

raiders

seabass janikowski - good but unpredictable
                    derrick gibson - bust
                    napoleon harris - bust'ish
                    phillip buchanon - solid underachiever
                    nnamdi aso - great
                    tyler brayton - bust
                    robert gallery - busty
                    fabian washington - decent
                    michael huff - meh...rotating with hiram eugene?
                    jamarcus bustell - bust
                    darren mcfadden - bust thus far
                    darius heyward-bey - he's fast

so to sum up, we both suck at drafting. only thing is that you still have al davis, but we sent matt millen to the glue factory. advantage lions.

gringo, nothing 'busty' about Gallery...he is a certified bust...the modern day Tony Mandarich

Comment

Working...
                    X