Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto beats the winner of Alvarez Lara is he an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto beats the winner of Alvarez Lara is he an ATG?

Simple question,I think he's right there a win a way..What's ya thoughts??

Poll coming soon..
    Yes
    60.61%
    No
    33.33%
    Cotto can not be an atg
    6.06%

Hell rank as a great fighter, ATG ? Don't
    Think so. Hell need to beat Mayweather for that , should've beat Pacquiao, and should've won the first fight against Margarito. Had he done those , then maybe you have a decent case. He is HOF though.

Comment

I Voted yes. He probably makes it right now. His career is better than some fighters of the past that are considered all time greats. He is not an obvious all time great like Trinidad but if someone studies his career they will probably give him all time great status. He has some very good wins and very few loses. All of his 4 losses were to excellent fighters in or near there prime an he avenged one of his losses.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I Voted yes. He probably makes it right now. His career is better than some fighters of the past that are considered all time greats. He is not an obvious all time great like Trinidad but if someone studies his career they will probably give him all time great status. He has some very good wins and very few loses. All of his 4 losses were to excellent fighters in or near there prime an he avenged one of his losses.
        He can't be an ATG when getting smashed twice at his peak while losing to a non HOFer and two actual ATG's.

He is a great fighter and will make the HOF easy, he is just not an ATG, which is a super elite group.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          He can't be an ATG when getting smashed twice at his peak while losing to a non HOFer and two actual ATG's.

He is a great fighter and will make the HOF easy, he is just not an ATG, which is a super elite group.
          He lost to a non-HoF out of his prime - nearly every fighter in history had done so - big deal. You win some, you lose some

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            Hell rank as a great fighter, ATG ? Don't
            Think so. Hell need to beat Mayweather for that , should've beat Pacquiao, and should've won the first fight against Margarito. Had he done those , then maybe you have a decent case. He is HOF though.
            Should've beat pacquiao? I'm not following that statement at all. However, even if he does beat mayweather I wouldn't consider him an atg. As great as maywether still is, he definately has lost at least a step.

Comment

His resume is unimpressive for atg material. His two greatest wins are against mosely and Martinez. Besides that, there's nothing atg about his resume. And neither of those guys will make it so.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                His resume is unimpressive for atg material. His two greatest wins are against mosely and Martinez. Besides that, there's nothing atg about his resume. And neither of those guys will make it so.
                Plus... Beating canelo doesn't mean anything right now because canelo is unproven. So is laura.

Comment

To answer your question, no. The reason being that he's by essence the lineal champ at middleweight by virtue of beating Martinez. Although he's not by any stretch of the imagination a full-blown middleweight, to beat any junior middleweight after earning the middleweight crown and be proclaimed an ATG would in my opinion diminish the coveted ATG status.

Comment

Cotto won't be fighting Lara. It'll be Canelo win or loss. Beating Canelo wouldn't enhance his legacy that much, but it'll be a huge 'money' fight

Comment

Working...
                    X