Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jirov vs Toney= greatest cruiserweight fight ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jirov vs Toney= greatest cruiserweight fight ever?

i think so, i absolutely love that fight, one of my favourites, the way james hung in there, didnt lose his cool against the relentless jirov and then dropped him in last round to seal the win, boxing at its best IMO

so is it the greatest cruiserweight fight ever? i certainly think so

It's up there. Not sure it's the best tho.

Comment

I liked Qawi-Holyfield 1 a little more. It didn't have the drama Toney-Jirov did, but I thought action wise it was better.

Comment

It's my personal favorite, but many seem to favor Qawi-Holyfield.

Comment

hmm i actually havent seen qawi-holyfield, ill watch it and get back to you guys

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
            i think so, i absolutely love that fight, one of my favourites, the way james hung in there, didnt lose his cool against the relentless jirov and then dropped him in last round to seal the win, boxing at its best IMO

It's the best I ever saw, followed closely by Holyfield-Qawi I, Adamek-Cunningham, and the two Carl Thompson-Chris Eubank fights as the greatest fight in the history of the division.

Comment

Qawi-Holyfield I

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post

I was ringside for this fight and loved every second of it!!

That said, I would still favor the first Holyfield-Qawi fight. Both were wars though that I can watch over and over.

Comment

Holyfield-Qawi is most likely my favorite cruiser fight, but there are many others including Toney-Jirov I rank almost as high.

The cruiserweight divison seems to produce many entertaining and exciting fights. At 200lbs the fighters have great power and still have the mobility and stamina to fight at a faster pace than most of todays oversized heavyweights.

Comment

Lee Roy Murphy vs Chisanda Mutti is a good candidate as well:

Comment

Working...
                    X