No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Returns To Camp For Ramos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guillermo Rigondeaux Returns To Camp For Ramos

Guillermo “The Jackal” Rigondeaux told BoxingScene.com “I’m a disciplined fighter, I believe that my change in trainers has been a big help for me. Ismael Salas is Cuban like me and we have now a good road of communication”

[Click Here To Read More]

Let's go Rigondeaux!

Comment

Wow...I really get the feeling that these guys are serious. I like it! Rigondeaux confirmed my suspicions that he feels better with his new trainer, Salas, than with Ronnie Shields. I like Ismael's words about respecting every opponent, too. After the way that Ramos ended his last fight, he cannot be taken lightly. I wonder if Rigo's plan is to play counter-puncher, or take the fight to Rico like he did against Casey....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Wow...I really get the feeling that these guys are serious. I like it! Rigondeaux confirmed my suspicions that he feels better with his new trainer, Salas, than with Ronnie Shields. I like Ismael's words about respecting every opponent, too. After the way that Ramos ended his last fight, he cannot be taken lightly. I wonder if Rigo's plan is to play counter-puncher, or take the fight to Rico like he did against Casey....
        yo what up Cube, you know im going wit rico on this one but i def think yo boy is taking this one serious not just cuz of the rico ko but cuz its his first shot at a belt. im wit cha man cant wait for this one it should be good. im wondering though is a change in trainers right now before a title fight good for him. what you think?

Comment

Winner move up face Chris John.

They would be beated sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sd southpaw View Post
            yo what up Cube, you know im going wit rico on this one but i def think yo boy is taking this one serious not just cuz of the rico ko but cuz its his first shot at a belt. im wit cha man cant wait for this one it should be good. im wondering though is a change in trainers right now before a title fight good for him. what you think?
            What's up, Southpaw?

For what it's worth, Rigo won an interim belt in the Cordoba fight; but I agree, I think Guillermo regards the Ramos fight as a bigger deal.

Ismael Salas, Rigo's new trainer, is Gamboa's old trainer. Salas was a coach on the Cuban national team for some years. I don't know if he and Rigondeaux knew each other back in Cuba, but there's a good chance they've worked together before.

Whether Ronnie Shields is a good trainer isn't the question here. Ronnie simply doesn't speak Rigo's language or know his culture. This may not be terrible in the gym, but it sucks between rounds at a title fight. I think "El Chacal's" ability is such that he just needs to be told what to do...but he needs to understand you.

In short, I think the change in trainers won't hurt Guillermo and will probably help.

Comment

Working...
            X