Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Arthur Abraham Listen To Froch And Get On A "Good Diet" And...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Arthur Abraham Listen To Froch And Get On A "Good Diet" And...

Go back to Middleweight?

As a big Arthur Abraham fan, I think he should.

He's been whooped in back to back fights. I don't like this. His only good wins in 168 have been against shot Taylor and shot Miranda.

Abraham obviously needs to go back to 160 or else he'll just become a name opponent in 168 instead of a dangerous, favored to win, opponent like he was at 160.

Height alone doesn't matter because Tyson was 5'11" fighting at HW. Jones was 5'11" and fought from 154-HW.

I think it's a combination of his height and style. It's better suited for Middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Go back to Middleweight?

As a big Arthur Abraham fan, I think he should.

He's been whooped in back to back fights. I don't like this. His only good wins in 168 have been against shot Taylor and shot Miranda.

Abraham obviously needs to go back to 160 or else he'll just become a name opponent in 168 instead of a dangerous, favored to win, opponent like he was at 160.
      AA can compete at 168 lbs, but he's gotta reinvent himself. his current style isn't gonna work at 168 lbs where the guys punch harder and are taller and with better reach.

if he doesn't change his style, he might as well retire or go back to 160 lbs.

Comment

Arthur Abraham cannot make 160 and the whole reason he moved to 168 was because he as no longer effective at 160 after stripping the weight.

He's never going back to 160, so it's not really worth mentioning.

If anything he will go back to fighting bums, which is the only reason that he looked good at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          Arthur Abraham cannot make 160 and the whole reason he moved to 168 was because he as no longer effective at 160 after stripping the weight.

He's never going back to 160, so it's not really worth mentioning.

If anything he will go back to fighting bums, which is the only reason that he looked good at that weight.
          I think his power is what got him fans. Nobody ever though of him as a good boxer or skilled fighter. He just has a high guard and bursts out from time to time and you always have to be careful with him landing clean shots.

He fought a bum in Carl Froch and lost a wide UD, but not the type of UD that makes you go wow Froch hurt him so bad. It was a lot of glove punches mixed with somewhat clean shots. Yes he was dominated, no he was not absolutely crushed by Froch. Froch didn't even want to trade with him like he did with Kessler, which was smart, he respected Abraham's power and ran away when he could.

Comment

he needs an american trainer

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I think his power is what got him fans. Nobody ever though of him as a good boxer or skilled fighter. He just has a high guard and bursts out from time to time and you always have to be careful with him landing clean shots.

Not true. Not only did people think he has good power, but people repeatedly said he would beat Froch because he has a much better defense and faster hands.

I was one of the very few people who always described Abrahammer as a 1 dimensional slugger who would struggle against any decent fighter.

I certainly don't recall you doing the same though you are now acting like you knew it all along.

Revisionist history I suppose.

Comment

He needs more head movement, more activity and needs to develop a mofokin jab, not just rely on his power and a lucky shot to land from 2/3 punches thrown.

He was so terrible last night, he made Froch look better than he actually was.

Comment

abraham needs to retire

he didn't fight top opposition at MW and he is getting horribly exposed by the likes of a green dirrell and a limited froch who looked great against his style last night

froch already said he was going to take advantage of his limited reach and height and did so beautifully

he might fight stieglitz and keep the wbo belt hostage or fight pavlik even though that fight is two years overdue

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    Not true. Not only did people think he has good power, but people repeatedly said he would beat Froch because he has a much better defense and faster hands.

I was one of the very few people who always described Abrahammer as a 1 dimensional slugger who would struggle against any decent fighter.

I certainly don't recall you doing the same though you are now acting like you knew it all along.

Revisionist history I suppose.
                    You don't recall me doing what?

You're probably confusing me with some one else, or maybe you're just generalizing, because I never ever change anything I say. I have never said Abraham is a skilled fighter, I have always complimented his power. And I didn't even pick a winner for this fight because I knew the chance of Abraham losing was very high and I rather not pick against him.

Comment

Working...
                    X