Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to order the Cotto/Margarito fight on PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Classic styles, i see Marg being stopped, eye issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
      Yuppers. And Rican fans are VERY passionate fans. In particular when their fighters fight Mexicans. Thing is, it seems like Mexicans typically get the better of Ricans. Segura getting the best of Calderon comes to mind.

People need to stop letting their emotions get in the way of their thinking when it comes to this fight.

Sure, every BOXING fan wants to see Margarito get his face smashed inside out.

But if Cotto fights that fight, he might not make it to the final bell.

Tony's got an incredibly sturdy chin. We don't really know what his power is like without the wraps, but he'll still throw.

Can Cotto survive the onslaught? His best bet is to BOX.

But I just don't see him doing that.
      Cotto hit Margarito with everything he had that night, wailing on him repeatedly for all but the last two rounds, and Margarito didn't even look like he had been in a fight. To think Cotto can do better at this point in his career is illogical.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Cotto hit Margarito with everything he had that night, wailing on him repeatedly for all but the last two rounds, and Margarito didn't even look like he had been in a fight. To think Cotto can do better at this point in his career is illogical.
        Exactly. But that being said, what will Tony's power be like without the wraps? If the Pac fight is any suggestion, Cotto will be screwed if he tries to turn this into a brawl.

If he boxes, and moves, he stands a chance, but I just don't see that happening.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get stopped again.

Even sooner this time.

I hate to say it, but he just has too much of a propensity to mix it up.

Comment

Exactly. But that being said, what will Tony's power be like without the wraps? If the Pac fight is any suggestion, Cotto will be screwed if he tries to turn this into a brawl.

If he boxes, and moves, he stands a chance, but I just don't see that happening.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get stopped again.

Even sooner this time.

I hate to say it, but he just has too much of a propensity to mix it up.
          Who knows? We will see tomorrow. But how much will it really matter? Cotto isn't as fast or as conditioned as Manny, and Manny destroyed his eye but he really didn't slow him down that much, I don't see Cotto injuring Margarito, unless his eye is worse than they say and they end up stopping the fight. But to rely on that is crazy. Also Margarito's conditioning is mythical, has he EVER been tired in the ring? He has also been working heavily on slipping punches this training camp, and his defense was always underrated, so this will be a VERY interesting fight, Cotto is in the fight as long as he boxes intelligently and keeps his distance, but Margarito cuts off the ring well so it will be tough.

Comment

Nah I don't pay for Top Rank events.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
              Nah I don't pay for Top Rank events.
              Good. **** Bob Arum. Another boxing cancer. On the same level as Don King. Gives the sport a bad name.

Oscar's f'd up big time, but at least he's a straight-forward businessman.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                Who knows? We will see tomorrow. But how much will it really matter? Cotto isn't as fast or as conditioned as Manny, and Manny destroyed his eye but he really didn't slow him down that much, I don't see Cotto injuring Margarito, unless his eye is worse than they say and they end up stopping the fight. But to rely on that is crazy. Also Margarito's conditioning is mythical, has he EVER been tired in the ring? He has also been working heavily on slipping punches this training camp, and his defense was always underrated, so this will be a VERY interesting fight, Cotto is in the fight as long as he boxes intelligently and keeps his distance, but Margarito cuts off the ring well so it will be tough.
                Tony's defense underrated? Now I know ur Mexican. His defense is his face blocking punches. Nothing wrong with that if you can withstand it.

Comment

Good. **** Bob Arum. Another boxing cancer. On the same level as Don King. Gives the sport a bad name.

What do you mean he's at least a straight forward business man?

Comment

Tony's defense underrated? Now I know ur Mexican. His defense is his face blocking punches. Nothing wrong with that if you can withstand it.
                    haha no I am not Mexican. His defense is a bit overrated though. He does block alot of punches with his face but he can move his head a bit better than people give him credit for. He just is so slow with his feet and hands that it doesn't help much lol.

Comment

I've been watching boxing since i was a kid and to be fair and objective all (Arum, King & oscar etc) have had questionable fights, but Top Rank is consistently the worst. My friend is thinking about having it and if he does i'll go and throw down some weed and beer but no cash to Arum.

Comment

Working...
                      X