TRT / Testosterone for cutting weight in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRT / Testosterone for cutting weight in boxing

Hello everyone ,
    this may seem coincidental in regards to certain head lines regarding Mayweather and what not... but this question has nothing to do with that .

Im not to familiar with how testosterone would be used for boxing in regards to cutting weight and making a weight limit. I understand if using TRT you can gain muscle easily and lose body fat, however can a boxer take TRT and NOT gain any added muscle and while still trying to make a certain weight limit. Is this even possible ?

Can it be used for the lower weight classes / bigger boxers who look to drop down in weight classes ? Or is it mostly heavy weights (who dont rely on weight cutting) that use testosterone ?

Is it possible to take micro doses of Testosterone for recovery benefits , and still make a certain weight limit ? Is it all dependent on diet ?

Perhaps some experts here can enlighten me and give a better understanding.

thank you

That's very interesting (although I am not sure why Maywhether comes in here). But I am worried about the side effects. Also, it takes too long. http://www.mensfitness.com/weight-lo...ou-lose-weight I would rather starve 2 months & that's it. Only 35 pounds in 5 years.

Comment

Nice article , ive read many like that saying how TRT is the miracle cure for weight loss and muscle and what not ... I was asking more about fighters in their 20-40s age limit , more specifically for those who are looking to go down in weight classes rather than go up. If someone was looking to drop down in weight would taking TRT/ testosterone help or hinder their progress ? By Help I mean losing the fat and by hurt I mean in gaining un- wanted muscle ?

Hypothetically can a heavy weight / cruiser weight start taking testosterone and drop down to light heavy ?

Comment

It would help with recovery so yes you could use it for dropping weight. It would allow you to spend more time in the gym. If you are in the lighter weight classes though you wouldn't likely have the excess fat to burn and drop but for heavier guys it's possible. Just like exercising without taking it, growing muscle vs losing fat is in how you work out and your diet.

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyCapp View Post
          Nice article , ive read many like that saying how TRT is the miracle cure for weight loss and muscle and what not ... I was asking more about fighters in their 20-40s age limit , more specifically for those who are looking to go down in weight classes rather than go up. If someone was looking to drop down in weight would taking TRT/ testosterone help or hinder their progress ? By Help I mean losing the fat and by hurt I mean in gaining un- wanted muscle ?

Hypothetically can a heavy weight / cruiser weight start taking testosterone and drop down to light heavy ?
          Just because your taking test doesn't mean you'll gain weight, especially if your not lifting weights or eating to gain weight.

It would def help a fighter cut excess weight though, because your body can heal faster and train harder. Not only that but it will burn more fat even while testing.

As far as fighters moving down in weight, that's rare, because in this sport a fighter pretty much has been taught to get as low in weight since they were amateurs, unless there heavyweights. So I doubt test would change that for most guys.

But for the average Joe trying to lean up, heck yeah test would work to lose excess fat. But there's also the side effects.

Comment

That makes sense. I was just curious if it was as prevalent in boxing as it is in MMA. You see guys walking around at 200 lbs cutting down to 185 lbs. I was curious if boxers followed this practice as well

Comment

Originally posted by VinnyCapp View Post
              That makes sense. I was just curious if it was as prevalent in boxing as it is in MMA. You see guys walking around at 200 lbs cutting down to 185 lbs. I was curious if boxers followed this practice as well
              When you cut weight for a fight it's over the last week. You drop/stop your sodium intake and drop mainly water weight. If you are using a PED for a fight, generally you are done it by the time you are cutting weight or sooner. The idea is to get to where you need to be conditioning wise before you do your cut.

Comment

Ok . Im not to familiar with how or what tricks are done to cut weight. I just see some of these fighters make EXTREME cuts and im scratching my head... Thought maybe PEDs/Test/TRT was helping them out .

Comment

I would love to try to use that to lose some excess fat (I am an everyday joe) except that I am worried about side effects much like steroid.

Comment

Yea , part of my peeked interest would be to use it and cut from heavy to light heavy, and if TRT/ Test would do the trick . But my ignorance would hurt me if Im uninformed about this. Thats why im looking for experts or previous/current users who is living proof it works/worked. Weight cutting in combat sports has always been an interesting topic to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X