Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward's 4 major mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... Jackson is trying to hype a fight that Ward doesn't want to take, for the moment at least.

Comment

Nobody gives a **** about this bum ass trainer

Comment

Interesting. Ward is very defensively responsible. If there is a flaw in his game to me it would be that he doesn't sit in the pocket long enough at times to follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I'm sure Ward does make mistakes, no fighter is perfect. It's a question of whether you can exploit Ward's mistakes better than he can exploit yours.

I want this fight so freaking bad. It's so incredible.
          Everyone does man.

But hey, this is boxing. If it happens at all, it will happen in 5 years and we'll pay $100 to watch it.

Comment

I've always heard fighters and trainers say they don't look for mistakes as much as habits. I think the key it to find what a fighter does best and take it away from him. All fighters makes mistakes but having an opposite fighter to effectively capitalize on them is another issue.

Comment

Jackson needn't worry, Ward won't make mistake #5 and move up to LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Jackson needn't worry, Ward won't make mistake #5 and move up to LHW.
                Well seeing as they've already had positive discussions with Kovalev's people, I'd say you were wrong there. And from what Katy Duva said, Ward isn't going to demand any puussy catchweights either.

On topic - Ward seemed to run out of gas quite drastically in the Froch fight. Only other time I've really seen him in trouble was years ago against Boone.

Kovalev's sheer size and athleticism will be a huge problem for him I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Well seeing as they've already had positive discussions with Kovalev's people, I'd say you were wrong there. And from what Katy Duva said, Ward isn't going to demand any puussy catchweights either.

On topic - Ward seemed to run out of gas quite drastically in the Froch fight. Only other time I've really seen him in trouble was years ago against Boone.

Kovalev's sheer size and athleticism will be a huge problem for him I think.
                  He wasn't in danger for a minute in those rounds. Maybe Froch won one of those rounds but even that is a big maybe. British commentators overreact that like crazy. They acted like Ward would hold onto his dear life, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    He wasn't in danger for a minute in those rounds. Maybe Froch won one of those rounds but even that is a big maybe. British commentators overreact that like crazy. They acted like Ward would hold onto his dear life, lol...
                    That's the only time I've seen Ward not look composed and in control (outside the Boone kd). He was blowing out his arse and looking up at the clock. I don't need to listen to commentators to know that and the British ones were sucking off Andre all night anyway lol

Comment

Jackson appears to be no fool, trainers like to talk a lot but you get the impression he has sat and studied a fighter before he opens his mouth on them.

Comment

Working...
                      X