No announcement yet.

Monaco + Sky Sports + BoxNation Boxing Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monaco + Sky Sports + BoxNation Boxing Thread

I could only find a thread for the boxing in Monaco last night but there were two other cards active at the same time. I was flipping between 'em and caught some good action from each.

What did you lot think to the fights on these cards?

Martin Murray - I think people are finally starting to realise there ain't nothing that good about Murray. He's a solid but limited fighter and he won't test Golovkin, he won't last more than 5 rounds either.

Stuart Hall vs Randy Caballero - Great little fight, non-stop action through out and felt Caballero just about won. Hall's another solid fighter but isn't world class and I feel Caballero will come undone against better opposition. I don't understand what people see in him. I hope Hearn targets Caballero for McDonnell, another match-up which promises to be entertaining.

Kevin Satchell - I think he gets attention for being a British flyweight, prior to him the best was Chris Edwards (who had nearly more losses than wins). He really seemed to struggle against the southpaw and the chasm between European level-World level at this weight is huge.

Tom Stalker vs Jack Catterall - I was impressed with Catterall, seemed relaxed and in control through out the fight and Stalker didn't have an answer. Stalker was one of the best at his weight as an amateur but looked like a novice at times, surprised by how poor he did. Catterall is definitely one to watch at only 21.

Gavin McDonnell - One half of the 'PG tips crew', a replica of Jamie in every aspect. I didn't catch much of his fight against Malinga but it's a good win. There are some good fights to be made at 122 domestically, Galahad vs McDonnell anyone?

Nick Blackwell drew with Khomitsky in a 6 rounder, why was it only 6 rounds - that harms Blackwell. I don't know if the fight was recorded as the only fights from the Monaco card shown on British TV was Hall's & Murray's. Paul Butler looked good but it's about time he's put in with someone who can really test him, power might be a problem.

No one watched the other cards apart from ze Monaco one?

"peeleft:

Comment

Working...
    X