Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were offered 8 mil to fight someone you've beaten why turn it down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Turning down 40 million >>>>>>>>> Turning down 8 million
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    If the guy who I ko'd turned down $40 mil to fight a guy who beat me, then yes, I would turn down $8 mil. Why?

Because turning down the fight shows how much I want it and how scared the other guy is.

Now that this is over can we go to another pointless thread.

Yeah....

You take 40 million and i take 100 million + All PPV revenues seems to be a fair offer for some idiots here. lol...

Comment

• The 5th fight is always going to be out there as long as both guys are still active. And given the nature of boxing, it seems unlikely that either guy will leave the scene while they can still command seven figure paydays.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
        Yeah....

You take 40 million and i take 100 million + All PPV revenues seems to be a fair offer for some idiots here. lol...
        A bit like:

"I want revenge on you for knocking me out cold, but you make (approx) 10-12 mil while I make 30 mil".

Sounds fair too doesn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          A bit like:

"I want revenge on you for knocking me out cold, but you make (approx) 10-12 mil while I make 30 mil".

Sounds fair too doesn't it?
          Hmm..... Who's the PPV attraction? When was the last time Marquez sold 1 million PPV's without Manny or Floyd?

This is business.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
            Hmm..... Who's the PPV attraction? When was the last time Marquez sold 1 million PPV's without Manny or Floyd?

This is business.
            Who's the one who wants redemption? In this world, you want something, you pay for it. Pacquiao makes his biggest numbers with Marquez (regardless of what Marquez does on his own). Business or not, the reason Pacquaio wants this fight is because, despite all the "2-1-1" tongue poking, Marquez is the one with the only unquestionable win. If it's "just business" and Pacquiao is happy being up in the neverending saga by numbers only, why does he (and his sycophants) want another fight so badly?

The thread asks you to put yourself in Marquez's shoes (which many are failing utterly to do). Maybe you'd be happy to accept a third of what someone YOU'D knocked out was getting, to go through hell fighting them again, but not everyone is the same. Maybe Marquez wants more parity seeing as he doesn't need the fight right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              JMM turns down manny's offer-this pac fan blames JMM
              Manny turns down Floyd's offer-this pac fan blames Floyd.

Only in the mind of a manny fan does this logic make sense.
              Ah, ******, if you are getting million ppv sell, why would you settle for less and no ppv cut.

So, if you were Pac, would you accept that? You won't.

Comment

• I guess history repeats itself.. After the first fight with Pac years back, Marquez declined the rematch and his highest purse that time in replace of fighting named John and he lost... this the same scenario, he declined big purse for a small purse and lost... the only difference is, this time its a legitimate lost and he is whining about it...

Comment

• Watching fights where theres a clear winner is boring, though i would pay for pac vs marquez 100 if they fought that many times

Comment

• the split should be 60-40/55-45 in pak's favor. pak got his ass laid the **** out last time they fought so offering only 8 million just tells me he doesn't want to fight jmm again.

Comment

Working...
                    X