Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Fury Challenges Tony ThompsonTo fight Hughie Fury..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Fury Challenges Tony ThompsonTo fight Hughie Fury..

On the Tyson vs Haye undercard

Tony Thompson ‏@tiger_thompson 1h
    @sb9592241 @peterfury no I haven't and I'm not into looking at offers that are not real do tell @peterfury to **** off

peter fury. ‏@peterfury 54m
    @tiger_thompson @sb9592241 it's real so let's see if you can beat up an 18 year old with ya mouth we say you cant mate!!

Tony has bigger fights than that. Why don't they target the loser Price... he needs to go back to domestic fights anyway

Comment

This is just PR from Peter Fury. He's not stupid.

It would be unwise to put age 18 Hughie in with a strong, durable, crafty veteran like Thompson. Peter has no real intentions of doing it.

Comment

lol both Furries getting KO'ed on the same night

Comment

I'm gonna laugh if the thompson ducked hughie talk starts on this website...there will be whispers of it from some wanker...

Comment

It's obvious why they want Thompson - if Hughie beats Thompson he immediately becomes a viable contender for a title fight, or at least an eliminator which would lead to a title fight. His dream is to become youngest heavyweight champion ever (trying to beat Tyson's record). They want Thompson because if they can beat him it would mean Hughie is instantly a world top ten heavyweight (as Thompson is a top 10).

Comment

I don't want to see Hughie KO'd en DosRounds. He should step up to English level instead.

Comment

Peter Fury says Thompson has a bigger offer from someone else.

peter fury. ‏@peterfury
                Had good chat with Tony he's got an offer we just can not match. But we have put him a good offer which stands incase his fight falls through
                There's been some speculation in the Bulgarian that Thompson signed to fight Pulev yesterday, but Sauerland won't confirm until next week. They just say someone has signed to fight Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                  Peter Fury says Thompson has a bigger offer from someone else.

There's been some speculation in the Bulgarian that Thompson signed to fight Pulev yesterday, but Sauerland won't confirm until next week. They just say someone has signed to fight Pulev.
                  And apparently Thompson is going to go that route instead as the offer was higher. Peter did offer him double what he got for his last fight though. That Peter must have some confidence in his kid, who has only been a pro for a few months.

Comment

Hughie should fight Price, but I'm not sure Price would take it to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                    X