No announcement yet.

Why Are Apple Products Overpriced?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
    Funny ****...I got an iPhone but Apple-heads are very cult-like.
    also known as mactards

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post

Seriously though, Apple computers are a bit overpriced. They are great computers though. Perfect for music, videos, pictures etc... Not so good for gaming though. I'm not a PC gamer so I might look into getting one for my next computer but the fact that I can get much better specs for a fraction of the cost with a PC keeps me with PC.

With that said, as I have said before, what Apple lacks in processor and RAM power, they make up for in efficiency, speed and finesse because their OS is especially designed for a certain purpose.

I do not think my iPhone was overpriced, though. I paid 200 bucks for it and it was worth every god damn penny. Every single one.
    it reminds me of the PS2 vs XBOX concept... ps2, while out first, only had 333mhz processor capacity, while the xbox had 700mhz or so... yet the streamlined ps2 was able to work at nearly the same rate, especially initially until the ps2 RAM was maxed out...

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Kudos for your knowledge and wisdom about 'puters. But not everyone is looking to build their own PC. The average consumer is not tech savvy or cares enough to build their own and would rather buy a turnkey system that to them is a good, reliable brand, with good customer tech support.

If everyone knew how to build their own system on the cheap, it'll make a nice dent on the big players' profits.

But, building one's own is not a bad idea at all.
    precisely why some geeksquad employees can make 6 figure salaries!!

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      Quality, longevity and brand. It's in a world of it's own.

False. The ipod I bought, crapped out on me before it was a year old. Sent it in to get fixed, and they replaced it with a new one instead. 6 months later, crapped out as well. Sent it in to get fixed, they returned it saying there was nothing wrong with it.

My Juke phone lasted longer than my ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post

precisely why some geeksquad employees can make 6 figure salaries!!
        Without a doubt.

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post

False. The ipod I bought, crapped out on me before it was a year old. Sent it in to get fixed, and they replaced it with a new one instead. 6 months later, crapped out as well. Sent it in to get fixed, they returned it saying there was nothing wrong with it.

I also heard about their iPhone woes recently. Every company will have crappy products every once in a while. They're aware of the risk of churning out products based on demand, but know they can make up for it with their already established lines and loyal customers throughout the world.

Comment

i dont spend much on anything, i dont wear jewelry, my cloths are from ROSS, and I buy food from the $.99c store, but I do my friend have only one mac product, the macbook pro...best purchase i've ever done.
          Last edited by SonOfCuba; 07-02-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Apple products are no where near as reliable as people make out, there are always reports on watchdog about ipods iphones and ipad breaking. Its a style thing more than anything and some of the interfaces are better, I had a look at a new laptop and thought about buying a apple one but the price difference was to great to be worth the extra cash, people moan at Microsoft but its actually no where near as bad as people make out i never had any great issues with my 5 year old HP PC, and don’t forget the reason more people moan about windows is because more people use it, imagine some of the fools that use windows having apple i am sure they would still be breaking there computers by doing something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros? View Post
              Apple products are no where near as reliable as people make out, there are always reports on watchdog about ipods iphones and ipad breaking. Its a style thing more than anything and some of the interfaces are better, I had a look at a new laptop and thought about buying a apple one but the price difference was to great to be worth the extra cash, people moan at Microsoft but its actually no where near as bad as people make out i never had any great issues with my 5 year old HP PC, and don’t forget the reason more people moan about windows is because more people use it, imagine some of the fools that use windows having apple i am sure they would still be breaking there computers by doing something stupid.
              What often happens behind the scenes is the competition will spread negative reports about the other in order to sway public opinion.
              There are consumers on both sides of the fence that swear by the performance of their chosen brand and swear they won't ever switch to the comp regardless. Depends on what one is looking to accomplish with their PC, how many features one wants on their cell phones, or how much music one is looking to download to their mp3 players.

Comment

They're expensive because the company sets the price at a level that is set to maximize profit

They aren't the best computers, but they're pretty ****ing sweet.

If you don't like them, don't buy them... I don't get why people **** on each other's computer choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Chingas View Post

you probably dropped it and stood on it

clumsy ****

Comment

A lot of consumers rely on emotional buying habits and decisions to make their purchases, which is what all companies count on and cater to.

Comment

Working...
                    X