Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrera fans stop acting like he battered Hamed when he outboxed him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamed get's mightly underrated by boxing fans. He was very, very good.

Barrera was just much better and put a lesson on him.

Morales would probably do worse, so would Marquez and Pacquiao. Those four were very very special.

Comment

Barerra Clealry outboxed Hamed, but what he did that night, was take his soul. Hamed went on to retire from Boxing because Barerra exposed him.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
        I'm serious: are you English? I get what you're saying but I'm interested to see if you're blinded by bias

Why are obsessed with my nationality? The post that you're responding to cannot in anyway, shape or form, be construed as being biased.

Comment

stay on the topic....

marco did really beat hamed to retirement...

that hamed last fight was just a close curtain piece

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
            Why are obsessed with my nationality? The post that you're responding to cannot in anyway, shape or form, be construed as being biased.
            I'm not obsessed. It just seems that mostly folks from the uk carry on as Hamed apologists and champions. So, it's a cred check.

Comment

Originally posted by laudium View Post
              Barerra Clealry outboxed Hamed, but what he did that night, was take his soul. Hamed went on to retire from Boxing because Barerra exposed him.
              Exposed is the most overused word on this forum

Hamed was on the outs at that time anyway....well paid, hand problems, weight fluctuations. Taking his soul is a bit much lol. Also he fought one more time after that. I believe Manuel Calvo, scored a kd but was unimpressive. No combos, reflexes dulled.

Everyone knew and saw Hamed was unconventional, fought with his chin in the air, and the older he became the less combinations he threw and he depended on his power.

That was no secret, therefore he was not exposed.

When he fought Kevin Kelly a lot of people picked Kelly because he had better punching technique and good power. They thought his fundamentals would be the difference.

Barrera was the only fighter to put all the attributes needed to beat that version of Hamed. A good chin, technique, power, defense and skills.

Hamed was picked apart but he did not get beatdown

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
                stay on the topic....

marco did really beat hamed to retirement...

that hamed last fight was just a close curtain piece
                So true.......

Even Tito tried to come back but hamed didn't even try- not the hallmark of a true true great,

Amazing talent but didn't beat one hall of famer in his entire career

Comment

Working...
                X