Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching a 2nd time, i once again scored porter over thurman did you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching a 2nd time, i once again scored porter over thurman did you?

The first time i watched porter vs thurman i didnt score it and i felt that porter edged out the contest....i will say many of the rounds were extremley close and after watching a 2nd time im convinced porter won the fight....he was in keifs ass all night.... i couldnt beleive steve farhood was giving every close rd to kief....porter land big shots up top and to the body even busted kief up at one point after scoring 7rds to porter just now going into the 11 th.....i knew porter truly won this fight
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

I think Thurman won but it was a close fight.

Hate how Porter smothers his work.

Comment

I had it 8-4 Thurman first time and 7-5 the second time but I gave Porter the benefit of the doubt more when rewatching it. Thurman close but clear winner imo, similar to the Brook fight, he just landed the cleaner, harder punches in most rounds. His flush counters were landing regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
        The first time i watched porter vs thurman i didnt score it and i felt that porter edged out the contest....i will say many of the rounds were extremley close and after watching a 2nd time im convinced porter won the fight....he was in keifs ass all night.... i couldnt beleive steve farhood was giving every close rd to kief....porter land big shots up top and to the body even busted kief up at one point after scoring 7rds to porter just now going into the 11 th.....i knew porter truly won this fight
        I agree. Porter took it to him and won, but hey, in this modern boxing world, the judges tend to favor the guy who lands from the outside. Even a couple of outside shots will be viewed in a higher regard than ten or twenty effective punches on the inside. I don't agree with it, but it is the way it is.

Comment

Yea Porter just smothers all his inside punches im not huge fan of that seems like his just trying to score n Thurman is also punching with him so i see most of those exchanges as just exchanges,

Maidana vs MoneyMay 1, i saw Chino sit on his punches more n take his time while having him on the ropes, Porter was just to wild in the inside, Thurman landed bigger punches n counters thru out the fight

Comment

Ya i had porter winning 7-5

Comment

Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
              Ya i had porter winning 7-5
              My same exact score my dude...alot of people ringside seems like the majority had him winning as well

Comment

Working...
              X