Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    I don't hate him, I dislike him.

Why?

Because he's a manufactured champion, he's one dimensional as hell and is corny as hell outside of the ring.
    But bro, who cares? His flaws make his fights watchable because you know at some point he's going to KO'd in highlight reel fashion. And if he doesn't, he will be the one delivering the brutal KO.

This will be fun while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      MMA is a sport built on authenticity, real champions and real challengers. Boxing is a sport built on bullshit. Crying about boxing fans 'tearing the sport down' is like crying over citizens tearing down a corrupt government.
      That's not true. MMA, like boxing, doesn't always have the best fighting the best. MMA is more fractured than boxing. There are at least five former Strikeforce champions that are/have been UFC champions. But while Dana White was proclaiming the best fighters in the world were UFC fighters, Strikeforce had better fighters. Those fights would have never happened if the UFC hadn't bought Strikeforce. Bellator may have better fighters but we'll never know until they sign with UFC or Bellator gets bought out or folds.

Comment

I don't have any problem with Wilder. The only thing that bugs me is how the networks sometimes try to confuse the issue of who the real champion is. Before Fury's big win, they occasionally would slip in a reference to him as 'the' heavyweight champion. Last night, I don't recall them ever openly stating that Tyson Fury actually is 'the' heavyweight champion of the world. They just referred to him as another guy with belts.

Comment

Because he's black...i only root for boxers who look like me...and like the other guy said he's ghetto and does ghetto dances...

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            That's not true. MMA, like boxing, doesn't always have the best fighting the best. MMA is more fractured than boxing. There are at least five former Strikeforce champions that are/have been UFC champions. But while Dana White was proclaiming the best fighters in the world were UFC fighters, Strikeforce had better fighters. Those fights would have never happened if the UFC hadn't bought Strikeforce. Bellator may have better fighters but we'll never know until they sign with UFC or Bellator gets bought out or folds.
            If you actually believe that you're delusional. Boxing is a sport where fights like Thurman-Porter takes years to get made, despite being with the same promoter and on the same network. MMA has real competition. We have a show business where competition becomes a factor only when enough pressure builds.

Comment

I don't hate him. I'm just apathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                If you actually believe that you're delusional. Boxing is a sport where fights like Thurman-Porter takes years to get made, despite being with the same promoter and on the same network. MMA has real competition. We have a show business where competition becomes a factor only when enough pressure builds.
                The best does not fight the best in MMA. I just gave you an example of better fighters who would've never fought UFC fighters if not for UFC buying strikeforce. UFC is manufactured. There is no independent sanctioning organization for their belts. That's why a UFC champion can never be a world champion, only a UFC champ.

Comment

I don't dislike him but like another poster said, everything about him is manufactured. You look at his record and at 36-0 with 35 KO's.. to be quite frank, it's very thin. Stiverne is the only real quality name and that's pretty weak in my opinion.

Also the TS like me has been critical of GGG who's opposition is light years ahead of Wilder, so it makes no sense in terms of fairness for him to defend Wilder.

Wilder needs to start facing genuine challenges, Povetkin would be a good start and I hope he pulls through so the Fury fight gets even more hype and prestige behind it.

Comment

You can't get emotionally invested in Boxing Scene's opinion of your favorite fighters.

I mean Floyd Mayweather is one of the top 10-20 greatest fighters of all time, but according to Boxing Scene he's a boring, chicken, runner, coward, cheater.

By comparison, how highly can Wilder rate?

Just enjoy Wilder's run while it lasts. He's the only fighter in the sport right now where I'm legitimately excited the week before his fight. He always puts on an entertaining scrap and all of his fights are unpredictable.

Plus, he wants to fight the best. He already has one top-3 scalp on his resume (Stiverne) and now he's committed to adding his second one (Povetkin). What's not to like?

BBBoooMMMbbb SSSqqqUUUaaaDDD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      Definitely not hate, but the goofball antics do not make him likeable.
                      this. besides, he is not good at all

Comment

Working...
                      X