Floyds next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyds next opponent

Lets look at some possible options.

Canelo- Highly doubt Floyd fights Canelo. Floyd looked very lackluster against Cotto at 154lb. Floyd takes too many breaks against the ropes, that's something you can't do against Canelo. Floyd doesn't have the power to slow Canelo down. Canelo walks Floyd down and picks him apart. High risk fight, Floyd isn't stupid enough to choose Canelo.

Pacquiao- First it was blood testing, then the split, now Pac's too "desperate". Fight will never happen. Floyd can't afford to lose to the Midget he's been trash talking for the past 3 years. Think of all the ridicule he'd get.

"Floyd ducked Pac for 3 years, when he finally stepped up, the midget ran through him". Floyd won't risk it.

Martinez- After the Chavez destruction, Floyd will avoid Sergio. I'd be absolutely shocked if Floyd fights Sergio, even at 154lb I'd give him full credit.

Berto/Guerrero- This is the most attractive fight for Floyd. He'd be fighting a fighter coming off of a win. High reward/No risk fight. Floyd is #1 p4p at selecting opponents. He knows how to select opponents at the right time.

Mosley- Coming off of KO'ing Margarito. In reality Mosley was shot to peices, long lay-off, and couldn't construct a sentence without slurring. (Much respect to Mosley)

Ortiz- Coming off of beating the undefeated Berto. In reality Berto was overrated and Ortiz was a known quitter, but hey Ortiz was a young hungry lion right?

Cotto- Coming off of Margarito II win. Cotto took two heavy beatings and hasn't fought anybody of relevance while with top rank. (Yuri, Mayorga? One-eye Margarito?)

You see, Floyd definitely knows how to select opponents. My prediction: Floyd fights the Berto/Guerrero winner.
    Canelo
    21.33%
    Pacquiao
    13.33%
    Martinez
    14.67%
    Berto/Guerrero Winner
    50.67%

Decent thread ......but yea it will be the winner of Berto Guerrero

Comment

I already have very little respect for floyd and his relentless ducking, but if he fights Berto or Guererro I will lose all respect for him and his cowardliness

Next excuse: Manny aint even his own boss he with Fif now, no fight

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
        Lets look at some possible options.

Canelo- Highly doubt Floyd fights Canelo. Floyd looked very lackluster against Cotto at 154lb. Floyd takes too many breaks against the ropes, that's something you can't do against Canelo. Floyd doesn't have the power to slow Canelo down. Canelo walks Floyd down and picks him apart. High risk fight, Floyd isn't stupid enough to choose Canelo.
        Canelo is on top of GBP's list. He will do great numbers for Floyd. Floyd knows it. GBP knows it. But where is Floyd? He decided to take another long vacation.

Guerrero will beat Berto by UD. He's Mexican.

Floyd will be back around May 5, 2013, Cinco de Mayo, exactly one year apart from his last fight.

Comment

If he fights Martinez, no one can really say anything but Pacquiao. Even at that he fought A BIGGER, quick southpaw who is champion at a higher weight (Assuming that Mayweather fights him at 154, unless Mayweather gets froggy and goes to 160. Doubt it though) Still, Martinez is the highest he's ever been. If Mayweather wants to fight him, NOW is the time. Unless Martinez fights Cotto next. Then Mayweather (or Alvarez) gets winner of Martinez/Cotto. I digress.

I didn't see the Berto/Guerrero winner coming, it makes sense because I bet he originally wanted to fight Berto since he had hype and gloss around him. Now Berto looks like a guy who has at least cut his teeth some. Or if he fights Guerrero, he fights another southpaw volume puncher who was champion in multiple weight divisions. Ain't Pacquiao but he'd use it to prove another point.

I mean, whats Pacquiao done since 09 that has people really wondering if he can beat Mayweather? He had a slower fight with Marquez, he lost to Bradley, chased a scared Mosley, Clottey? Margarito was really his biggest step up and even at that, dude was drained to 150. Weight drained Cotto and De la hoya. I can't credit Pacquiao for much. Don't get me wrong, dude is dope but really? Not to mention he's fight Marquez AGAIN? Granted if he actually knocks Marquez out this time, he shoots up WAY higher than before but...I just don't know man. There's too many politics involved.

Alvarez is probably his end of the line ticket. He's figuring out how to beat Alvarez or figured it out already. Still, that fight is going to take something from him. Alvarez isn't Ortiz, he'll go in there with a paced and with a clear head. Still, if Mayweather makes it out the 6th, Alvarez is done. Might be SD win either way.

I can see Alvarez but not now unless he wants to retire. I voted Berto/Guerrero since he's probably more of a 147 fighter than 154. I'd love to see him step to Martinez though. It'd be all around great, great build up and be a huge challenge.

Comment

Well id be pissed if may fought berto... You cant claim someone to be on peds then go and fight someone actually tested positive for peds im a big floyd fan but lets be real that sheet wouldnt be right.

Comment

mayweather is too chicken **** to face anyone on this list. his marketability is based solely on his "0" and once that's gone, he'll be a nobody. people are tired of this clown, mayweather should just retire for good

Comment

Canelo has stopped calling out Floyd and shifted his focus on Martinez. Obviously, he got rejected by Floyd through Schaefer. If Floyd is interested, we would have known right after Canelo's last fight. Uncle Roger was talking about Bradley
                the other day. Canelo's name is not registering in the Floyd camp. So Floyd's next opponent is most likely the Guerrero/Berto winner.

Comment

berto guerrero winner , thats the softest fight for him and tolerable fight given his pretty long lay off

Comment

Nice thread. floyd always finds a way out where his fans or boxing fans accept it to be a decent fight. Its either canelo or berto/guerero winner. he's just going to say something about a tune up or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X