No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Smith PPV Buyrate is Not Expected To Break 300K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
    I don't think the fight happens in May, Canelo will be out till then and also has not fought at the middleweight limit yet. Most boxers aren't Kell Brook's that are willing to jump 2 divisions and in their first fight compete against the number 1 fighter in that division. Canelo will take at least 1 tune-up fight before he faces Golovkin. Also, I don't think 300k is actually that bad, though I'd say that if it were 200k they would probably immediately start negotiating for the fight to happen in September.
    Word is it did his it did no more than 300k, but it was said anywhere between 200k to 290k.

In otherwords, it flopped.

Comment

Originally posted by World Champion? View Post
      I don't think the fight happens in May, Canelo will be out till then and also has not fought at the middleweight limit yet. Most boxers aren't Kell Brook's that are willing to jump 2 divisions and in their first fight compete against the number 1 fighter in that division. Canelo will take at least 1 tune-up fight before he faces Golovkin. Also, I don't think 300k is actually that bad, though I'd say that if it were 200k they would probably immediately start negotiating for the fight to happen in September.
      Canelo is only jumping ONE division! Plenty of HOFers have jumped ONE division and fought a champion in their first fight at the next weight! 300K would be awful for Canelo! It shows his "star power" has faded, and it's a direct reflection on his choice to fight Smith vice GGG! 500K says he's still "THE MAN." Pacquiao vs. Vargas will get at least 300K! Kovalev vs. Ward will get at least 300K! Thurman vs. Garcia will get at least 300K! Crawford vs. Broner would get at least 300K! If Canelo wants to prove that he's the new face of the sport, he can't sell only 300K!

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        GGG-Brook did 500k in the UK? What did it cost?
        Think it was like 20 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          Golovkin's fight outsold Canelo in PPVs.

Hope that brings Canelo's diva ass back to reality.
          Actually about doubled the buys from what I am hearing..

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Canelo is only jumping ONE division! Plenty of HOFers have jumped ONE division and fought a champion in their first fight at the next weight! 300K would be awful for Canelo! It shows his "star power" has faded, and it's a direct reflection on his choice to fight Smith vice GGG! 500K says he's still "THE MAN." Pacquiao vs. Vargas will get at least 300K! Kovalev vs. Ward will get at least 300K! Thurman vs. Garcia will get at least 300K! Crawford vs. Broner would get at least 300K! If Canelo wants to prove that he's the new face of the sport, he can't sell only 300K!
            When I say it's not that bad I mean that asides from the promoters inflating their expectations, it was probably a decently profitable result considering the turnout and lack of any other names on the card. He definitely can't call himself the face of the sport if he keeps doing those numbers like you said. We'll see in his next fight how much his star power has faded from the Golovkin saga, it is still a bit too early to tell, though if trends continue he won't be in as strong of a negotiating position.

Comment

Mi era my a s s

Mi era he said, The face of boxing they said, The pride of mexico they said hahahah this is hilarious so for 2016 Manny pacquiao basically did around the same numbers as Canelo Khan at a peak of 600k?? OK, lol I bet you any gram of oscars cocaine that he will blame alllll these low ppv numbers because of mayweather pacquiao fight lmfao. How in the hell can you demand more than 70 percent of the money and you dont practice what you preach??? lol Goldenboy knows for a fact if GGG beats his cashcow to a pulp, that it will be a horrible road back to the top being he already lost to floyd in a boxing lesson. Oscar is ******ed yo, hes just literally living through canelo. Every time the camera is on him you can see oscar go back into his goldenboy smile after he would fight. Its embarrassing, and it makes him look like a hater, hes doing what floyd did but actually WORSE, floyd was smart to never even be near pacquiao when they were trying to fight. But oscar looks even more stupid because of how he used to talk all that crap about TMT lol. Canelo, what the f u c k are you doing buddy?
              Last edited by ChiCityExtractz; 09-22-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Golovkin haters and Canelo fans right about now...

Comment

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
                  Think it was like 20 bucks
                  Converting $16.95 euro to $22.12 USD

Comment

Not bad!!i thought it was gonna do way less.. no one in the us knows who smith is

Comment

Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
                      Simple math shows me: 500k > 200+k
                      You just sounds like you don't understand the boxing business. L Smith is a no name opponent, and they still did roughly 300K ON TOP of putting 51,000 butts in the seat. If you honestly believe this event isn't even more proof of Canelo's stardom then I dont know what to tell you.

Canelois the A-side by a large margain, nobody in boxing comes close right now in terms of box office.

Also everyone, stop comparing the UK PPV numbers with Canelo's, that PPV was what? 30 bucks? Some of these posters are so simple

Comment

Working...
                      X