Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: Mayweather a Poor Sport, But Shot Was Legal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my opinion it shouldn't be legal just because the ref wasn't watching it. So not Mayweathers fault but the refs.

Comment

• floiyd will never be a great now. This suckerpunch ko tarnished him.

Comment

• Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
        This is the fighter who wants to clean the sports of boxing!
        And play on an even field!

WHAT A JOKE!
        Stop whining kid.

If pacroid ever takes the test, tell him not to take his eyes off Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
          What Floyd did was bush league. Not illegal, but the act of a classless fighter. No true champion would want to win by that. But Floyd has no pride. For him it is all about the "0." We can nickname him Floyd "Cheap Shot" Mayweather or Floyd Calzaghe. Both are appropriate.
          Floyd "Sucker Punch" Mayweather works, too.

Comment

• Ortiz well earned that sucker punch. The only way Mayweather is wrong is if Ortiz had accidentally butted him. Ortiz DELIBERATELY INTENDED to hurt Mayweather with an illegal tactic and got what he had coming to him! SIMPLE AS THAT!! An eye for an eye! Ortiz got a hot head and had his head handed to him. Justice.

Comment

• i never thought that the most talented boxer in this era would do that cheap shot to win a fight...

floyd glanced to the ref before he throw the punch and ref cortez was not looking and he took advantage of it...

i don't know if this fight was scripted, ortiz still manage to laugh and smile after he lost everything (except for the 2.5 M + talent fee maybe?) throwing a punch using your head is unusual for a clean fighter and did it in a very obvious way. of course, the ref will stop the action to start the drama... it's just my thought maybe 'am wrong...

Comment

• No, I'm not the biggest Mayweather fan ever (understatement) but how does he get crtitcized this much for a legal punch when Zab Judah was not even penalized for hitting Micky Ward and another fighter when they were down???? And THOSE were illegal punches! I really like Ortiz as a person going in, but that changed with what HE did. His hot head got handed to him.

Comment

• What's amazing to me is that this entire "controversy" was initiated by Ortiz committing of of the most blatant intentional fouls in recent memory. Yet people are trying to turn this into another bash on Mayweather session. Mayweather was perfectly content beating the breaks off Ortiz in a legal fashion. Ortiz put himself in the position he did. If he doesn't choose to foul, none of this happens. Exactly how many times did people want Mayweather to hug and kiss him before returning to fighting?

BTW, even Dan Rafael says Mayweather "did nothing wrong" and Ortiz "got what he deserved." And aside from Mr. Merchant, no one who gets paid to cover boxing for a living hates Mayweather more than Mr. Rafael. So if he is able to see that Money did nothing wrong, so should the rest of you haters.

Comment

• It's funny, Ortiz used his hot head and Mayweather used a calm, cunning response. Thats why Mayweather is where he is and Ortiz is where he is. Mayweather didn't get mad, he waited for the right moment. Don't even tell me if you were a boxer in the ring and a fuker deliberately butted you like that you might not do the same.

Comment

• I dont think it was the right thing to do, but I agree with Roach, Cortez lost control. Boxing referees cant afford to be sleeping on the job, its a dangerous sport.

Joe Cortez takes the majority of the blame in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X