Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dirrell did not do himself any favors tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirrell did not do himself any favors tonight.

By blatantly running away, the dude even turned his back at times and ran. I wanted Dirrell to win cause I don't like cocky British boxers, but every time Froch would land a punch Dirrell would so conspicuously leap onto Carl and cling to him. It was so obvious that I had to cringe when Dirrell did it. I will admit that Dirrell made Froch look bad. The guy is evasive, but he lacks an inside game which basically forces him to run every time Froch got in close. If I were one of the judges at ringside that **** would not look good at all to me especially when the entire crowd booed at Dirrell for clinging on to Froch like a spider monkey.

Dirrell threw some good jabs, caught Froch with a few good punches, but overall didn't phase Froch much. Judge's don't count punches landed in their heads so they go by how a fighter seems to be doing in the ring. I think Dirrell could've won it if he wasn't making himself look so bad in front of the judges by clinging or running away everytime Froch landed a punch, making it appear like it was more effective than it was.
    All in all, what an ugly fight.

did'nt phase froch much, yea, he only just about knocked him out

Comment

Originally posted by Swirls View Post
      did'nt phase froch much, yea, he only just about knocked him out
      Are you serious? Froch's legs buckled, but he recovered. I'm not even a Froch fan. Froch was no where near getting KO'd in that fight. KD maybe, but then so was Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
        Are you serious? Froch's legs buckled, but he recovered. I'm not even a Froch fan. Froch was no where near getting KO'd in that fight. KD maybe, but then so was Dirrell.
        dirrell was hurt? no, he gets lazy on all his fights, it's like when he grapples, he rests on the opponent so if they move he's fallin

and your a ****** for wanting a slug fest
        one guys attributes was speed and footwork
        the other guy was pressure and power

why would he slug it out? be smart, manevaur while landing at will

and it was dirrell did

Comment

dirrell was hurt? no, he gets lazy on all his fights, it's like when he grapples, he rests on the opponent so if they move he's fallin

and your a ****** for wanting a slug fest
          one guys attributes was speed and footwork
          the other guy was pressure and power

why would he slug it out? be smart, manevaur while landing at will

and it was dirrell did
          Judges will think he's hurt cause he's clinging on to Froch for seemingly dear life. Like I said, he didn't do himself any favors by intentionally clinging so obviously to Froch.

I don't want a slug fest, I don't want a track and field exhibition either. I want both fighters to fight and not ***** to the ref every time one guy got within 3 feet of the other.

Dirrell almost got KD in like the 5 or 6th round after Froch landed his first significant punch.

Seriously though, I respect Dirrells skills but he didn't need to ***** to the ref like if he had some kind of restraining order on Froch.

Comment

Judges will think he's hurt cause he's clinging on to Froch for seemingly dear life. Like I said, he didn't do himself any favors by intentionally clinging so obviously to Froch.

I don't want a slug fest, I don't want a track and field exhibition either. I want both fighters to fight and not ***** to the ref every time one guy got within 3 feet of the other.

Dirrell almost got KD in like the 5 or 6th round after Froch landed his first significant punch.

Seriously though, I respect Dirrells skills but he didn't need to ***** to the ref like if he had some kind of restraining order on Froch.
            they will think he's hurt?
            go watch the fight, froch did'nt land anything

just face it, robbery, robbery
            say it with me robbery

dirrell was right to '*****'
            froch was landing a **** load of rabbit punches
            punching on the break
            and ****in swingin dirrell around like a ragdoll

Comment

they will think he's hurt?
              go watch the fight, froch did'nt land anything

just face it, robbery, robbery
              say it with me robbery
              Nope, I won't say robbery cuz that **** was close , but only because Dirrell let it be. He made Froch's punches look like bombs every time he ran away and clinched for dear life. Dirrell would've won if he didn't turn his back and blatantly run, if he didn't jump at Froch whenever he was within 3 feet and hold onto him for dear life, and if he wasn't being so negative in the ring. Dirrell didn't get robbed. He lost to himself.

Comment

dirrell was right to '*****'
                froch was landing a **** load of rabbit punches
                punching on the break
                and ****in swingin dirrell around like a ragdoll
                Dirrell had NO right to ***** when he himself was ducking so low that the only target for Froch to swing at was the back of his head.

Just admit it, Dirrell didn't do himself any favors in the judges eyes by acting the way he did in the ring.

Comment

Dirrell had NO right to ***** when he himself was ducking so low that the only target for Froch to swing at was the back of his head.

Just admit it, Dirrell didn't do himself any favors in the judges eyes by acting the way he did in the ring.
                  yes, dirrell is a *****, but that's no reason to not give him rounds that he won.

rounds are scored on clean punching... which dirrell did more often than froch

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                    yes, dirrell is a *****, but that's no reason to not give him rounds that he won.

rounds are scored on clean punching... which dirrell did more often than froch
                    Problem is, without Compubox or w/e the judhes have to score rounds based upon how each fighter does in their opinion. They can't count punches in their heads or rewatch exchanges it in slomo like we can.

IMO Dirrell won the fight, but he let it go to the judges. All the negativity in the ring, all the running away, clinching and bitching to the ref does not look good in the judges eyes. He didn't lose to the sluggish and limited Froch. He lost to himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X