Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Canadian officials be fair to Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Canadian officials be fair to Kovalev?

There is home officiating in ALL countries, including my own.

I remember Canadian refs giving early stoppages to many home fighters over the years, and helping others survive the distance (Bute-Andrade I for example).

The headbutt that Pascal caught Dawson with was obviously deliberate, but the referee instead of DQing Pascal, called it "accidental".

I've attended fights that have had ridiculously biased scorecards from Canadian judges.

I wonder if Kovalev will receive fair officiating against the Canadian boxer in Montreal?
    Last edited by The Hammer; 03-05-2015, 05:12 PM.

I don't think either Pascal or Kovalev are fighters where the ref will matter much. I guess you might worry about the judges, but I don't expect them to matter.

Comment

Ya hopefully the guy who ref'd the Andrade fight isn't in the ring that night, kovalev will have shoot pascal to make him stop the fight. I'm hoping its clean officiating, not surprised by anything anymore though.

Comment

Sergey "No judges needed" Kovalev.

Comment

Kovalev probably isn't too worried about that. Let's be honest and say this probably won't go the distance, so the choice of officials say any going to matter.

Comment

They were fair for Hopkins. Even though I thought he won the first fight against Pascal as well a draw wasn't bad at all. The Krusher will be fine as long as he wins (duh). I don't think there will be any funny business if it goes the distance.
            Last edited by ИATAS; 03-05-2015, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Doubt the officials will matter too much. The likes of Kovalev, Golovkin, Beterbiev etc tend not to leave much doubt.

Comment

will the ref even matter in this fight? I expect Kov to KO pascal.

Comment

Doesnt matter Pascal wont make it out to the 12th

Comment

I hope they have the same judges they did for the first Hopkins fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X