Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Top Ranks plan for Mike Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw his soto karass fights, i thought he lost the 1st one and the second one was a snoozer imo.

Comment

Same plan That they have for Vanes, fight easy fights for quarterfinal or semifinal eliminator and then accuse the organisation of not giving them a shot at the champs...

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Same plan That they have for Vanes, fight easy fights for quarterfinal or semifinal eliminator and then accuse the organisation of not giving them a shot at the champs...
        That's weird...He's fighting for the IBF title on the undercard of Pac-Bradley. Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
          i saw his soto karass fights, i thought he lost the 1st one and the second one was a snoozer imo.
          So you saw 2 fights and you judging him?

I understand that you thought the first SK fight he lost but do you think that fight was boring?

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
            What about the first, you thought that was boring? It was definitly close and he probably deserved the L but it was a experience for him. He threw something like 50 unanswered punches in under 30 seconds.

The second fight wasnt as good because he didnt want to make the same mistake as the last fight of trying to put Soto-Karass away and tiring himself out.

Check him out on the Pac-Bradley undercard it will probably be a good fight to gauge where hes at and what kind of fighter you think he is.

Comment

Boring??? You guys must have missed the wars with Soto-Karass. Big up Mike Jones. Arum ****ing up his career like he was going to with Floyd.

Comment

BTW, I think Top Rank has done great by Mike Jones. Putting him on the undercards of Pac PPV's puts him in front of an audience that J Peltz couldn't reach. Hence why Peltz finally decided to have another promoter have a piece of Jones. But, lets not forget that Peltz is MJ main promoter still.

Comment

Originally posted by masinhi View Post
                  Boring??? You guys must have missed the wars with Soto-Karass. Big up Mike Jones. Arum ****ing up his career like he was going to with Floyd.
                  How explain? And, for FWIW Top Rank isn't his main promoter they just have a piece of him. Peltz is MJ main promoter. But, how is Top Rank fucking up his career?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    I love Mike Jones, hes a local fighter and very exciting but Im sick of TR putting him on the shelf for so long. He isnt that young he is 29 and still hasnt had a big step up in competition.

Im thinking maybe he fights Tim Bradley if Tim loses to Manny. I really doubt he gets a Manny fight, although it wouldnt shock me as Bob Arum is a bit of an idiot. But there arent many options out there.
                    Well since he in on the undercard and going for a belt, it opens up options...

Comment

Working...
                    X