Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Egg whites Marcos Maidana ate. What is the recipe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Egg whites Marcos Maidana ate. What is the recipe?

Does anyone know how to make this egg whites omelet that Marcos Maidana's personal chef cooked for him?

It just looks like pan roasted veggies and egg whites.

Just throw some oil or butter on a pan, cut up whatever veggies you want and let them cook and than put them in the middle of egg whites.

You'll be missing out on most of the quality nutrients though, as that's in the yolk.

The whole egg white thing came about during the low fat craze which we now know is complete bs. Eat the whole egg bro.

Here's Alan thrall recipe for a omelet, you can copy his for a much better meal than that garbage Maidana is eating. You'll obviously probably have to cut down the serving size and maybe use something else besides bacon fat to cook the veggies. I like using the bacon fat though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiM_hCutFos&sns=em
    Last edited by AddiX; 07-10-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      It just looks like pan roasted veggies and egg whites.

Just throw some oil or butter on a pan, cut up whatever veggies you want and let them cook and than put them in the middle of egg whites.

You'll be missing out on most of the quality nutrients though, as that's in the yolk.

The whole egg white thing came about during the low fat craze which we now know is complete bs. Eat the whole egg bro.

Here's Alan thrall recipe for a omelet, you can copy his for a much better meal than that garbage Maidana is eating. You'll obviously probably have to cut down the serving size and maybe use something else besides bacon fat to cook the veggies. I like using the bacon fat though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiM_hCutFos&sns=em
      That's way too many calories even if I cut the bacon fat lol Plus that dude's a muscle builder

While I agree mono unsaturated fats are necessary for the body to function properly, I am trying to lose about 40 lb. I've been eating oats with one teaspoon of clover honey, protein shakes, rice, chicken, vegetables, and fruits. I stay far away from gluten like bread, ice cream, chocolate bars and those mini reeses peanut butter cups. Also I only eat baked chips.

Also bacon fat is delicious. Have you mixed it with homemade refried beans? It's bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        That's way too many calories even if I cut the bacon fat lol Plus that dude's a muscle builder

While I agree mono unsaturated fats are necessary for the body to function properly, I am trying to lose about 40 lb. I've been eating oats with one teaspoon of clover honey, protein shakes, rice, chicken, vegetables, and fruits. I stay far away from gluten like bread, ice cream, chocolate bars and those mini reeses peanut butter cups. Also I only eat baked chips.

Also bacon fat is delicious. Have you mixed it with homemade refried beans? It's bomb.
        Everyone is different so how they cut weight can obviously vary.

Someone people cut carbs some cut fat, some cut a bit of both. I personally cut carbs and fat down evenly, and as time goes by I'll just cut carbs down,but never cut them completely.

IMO, cutting fat too much is really bad for your hormone profile.

You really don't need to stay away from bacon just because your cutting, I'm cutting I still eat it every day with eggs. Only 2 slices but still.

2 bacon better than no bacon.

Comment

Since you didn't do name tag bombing this time I'll be nice and help out. With a recipe like that, you don't have the fat to rely on for flavor so you use a lot of spices and herbs along with the veg to get your flavor. I agree w/ Addix that ditching all the yolks is foolish though I personally go for 2 whole eggs + 1 white to get around 20grams of protein.

If you go leaner (1 while + two whites) there's things you can do to make it more palatable like adding milk to your egg mix to fluff it up. For ingredients, find out what you like. Lean ingredients that work well are; garlic, shallots, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, fresh rosemary (easy to grow on your patio), peppers of all sorts, etc.
          Good dry ingredients are; chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, a little oregano or italian blend, and of course salt and pepper (green peppercorns are esp nice in omelets).

It doesn't really matter what the mixed ingredients were in the vid (though it looks like onion, peppers, and herbs w/ hardboiled egg on top), just find what your personal favorites are.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Since you didn't do name tag bombing this time I'll be nice and help out. With a recipe like that, you don't have the fat to rely on for flavor so you use a lot of spices and herbs along with the veg to get your flavor. I agree w/ Addix that ditching all the yolks is foolish though I personally go for 2 whole eggs + 1 white to get around 20grams of protein.

If you go leaner (1 while + two whites) there's things you can do to make it more palatable like adding milk to your egg mix to fluff it up. For ingredients, find out what you like. Lean ingredients that work well are; garlic, shallots, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, fresh rosemary (easy to grow on your patio), peppers of all sorts, etc.
            Good dry ingredients are; chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, a little oregano or italian blend, and of course salt and pepper (green peppercorns are esp nice in omelets).

It doesn't really matter what the mixed ingredients were in the vid (though it looks like onion, peppers, and herbs w/ hardboiled egg on top), just find what your personal favorites are.
            Probably closer to 15 grams of protein, about 3 grams of protein is in the yolk. 6 total per egg. (estimating)

Tbh why are people so cheap about the amount of eggs or yolk they eat. They are pretty low calorie and Legitimately one of the healthiest things you can eat. Our bodies crave it. Chickens have evolved to basically do nothing but give us eggs! That's how fcking good they are for you.

Each egg is only like 75 calories. I never understood why people insist on eating so few. I eat them every day, bulking or cutting.

You can eat 5 eggs and still be well below 400 calorie meal. Eat all the eggs!

Comment

Probably closer to 15 grams of protein, about 3 grams of protein is in the yolk. 6 total per egg. (estimating)

Tbh why are people so cheap about the amount of eggs or yolk they eat. They are pretty low calorie and Legitimately one of the healthiest things you can eat. Our bodies crave it. Chickens have evolved to basically do nothing but give us eggs! That's how fcking good they are for you.

Each egg is only like 75 calories. I never understood why people insist on eating so few. I eat them every day, bulking or cutting.

You can eat 5 eggs and still be well below 400 calorie meal. Eat all the eggs!
              I mean, the entire omelette, not just the eggs, which you are correct, have 6 to 7 grams of protein per whole and around 4 for the white. I load mine with other ingredients and a little milk so it gets up to around 20, which is where I like to be at for my first meal of the day (it just works for me).

Yes, egg yolks are more than just fat, they are a fantastic source of vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats, etc. So many creatures in nature eat eggs because they offer so much. When I was bodybuilding (and 50lbs bigger than I am now), eggs were a big part of my diet. I managed a kitchen and would start every morning with 6 eggs (couldn't dream of doing that now).

Comment

I mean, the entire omelette, not just the eggs, which you are correct, have 6 to 7 grams of protein per whole and around 4 for the white. I load mine with other ingredients and a little milk so it gets up to around 20, which is where I like to be at for my first meal of the day (it just works for me).

Yes, egg yolks are more than just fat, they are a fantastic source of vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats, etc. So many creatures in nature eat eggs because they offer so much. When I was bodybuilding (and 50lbs bigger than I am now), eggs were a big part of my diet. I managed a kitchen and would start every morning with 6 eggs (couldn't dream of doing that now).
                I was up to 5 eggs at one point and realized I was getting fat and my body just wasn't able to do anything with all that excess fat & protein.

I did add a lot of muscle and strength at that time, but it wasn't worth the body fat I had to lose later. Never again...

It pisses me off every time I see a juiced up body builder giving advance to just keep eating more and eating more. I was one of the people that fell for that nonsense.

Comment

I was up to 5 eggs at one point and realized I was getting fat and my body just wasn't able to do anything with all that excess fat & protein.

I did add a lot of muscle and strength at that time, but it wasn't worth the body fat I had to lose later. Never again...

It pisses me off every time I see a juiced up body builder giving advance to just keep eating more and eating more. I was one of the people that fell for that nonsense.
                  Lol, I hear you. "4500 calories a day with 250grams of that in protein, minimum!"
                  My health was horrid. Doc was literally like, "WTF". Blood pressure was through the roof. I adapted to lean up a bit but still didn't change the fact that the body is not meant to process that much food.

Comment

Lol, I hear you. "4500 calories a day with 250grams of that in protein, minimum!"
                    My health was horrid. Doc was literally like, "WTF". Blood pressure was through the roof. I adapted to lean up a bit but still didn't change the fact that the body is not meant to process that much food.
                    I was watching Rich Pianas bigger by the day series on YouTube which was kind of awesome and ground breaking in the beginning, but this mother fcker was advocating 12 fcking meals by a day!

Legitimately said with a straight face that anyone can do it, even if they weren't on steroids, but said if you didn't do 20 minutes of cardio a day you'd get fat.

WTF... I got no problem with people who juice up, but don't give this kind of advice to peole who don't know better.

And yeah, it took me way too long to realize the protein demands that professional bodybuilders recommend weren't meant for normal people. Or how About the guys who say excess protein won't make you fat, yeah, bs....

I watched A video yesterday on the worlds strongest man, he's advocating 1 lb of meat per meal!
                    Last edited by AddiX; 07-11-2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X