Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather throw combinations at Maidana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Mayweather throw combinations at Maidana?

Discuss. I say yes because Maidana is slow and plodding. His punches are wide and come from awkward angles so Floyd will have target practice. But, Maidana has a high punch output and he will be coming at Floyd all night, so I think Floyd will have to be more active than he's use to.
    Yes
    61.90%
    No
    38.10%
    Last edited by Anthony Birts; 02-18-2014, 12:06 AM.

Originally posted by Anthony Birts View Post
    Discuss.
    Why don't you give your thoughts since you started the thread? With how slow Maidana is I'll say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Birts View Post
      Discuss. I say yes because Maidana is slow and plodding. His punches are wide and come from awkward angles so Floyd will have target practice. But, Maidana has a high punch output and he will be coming at Floyd all night, so I think Floyd will have to be more active than he's use to.
      Maidana is not slow or plodding, but the point is moot. Floyd is going to trade shots with Maidana toe to toe in the center of the ring round after round until one of them drops or the last bell rings.

Comment

pot shots combination is all the scared coward can muster as well as a blend of sucker punches when it presents by itself.

Comment

Lets see...he threw combinations against Ortiz and Canelo...therefore, I say yes.

Comment

He'll do the absolute minimum that he can to assure that he doesn't risk getting hit and seeing as Maidana doesn't have the speed or reach to trouble him it's gonna be an absolute snorefest.

Comment

Technically more than one punch thrown in a sequence (i.e. jab + right hand) is a combination so I'd say yes.

If you're asking if he's gonna unleash flurries like he did against Gatti, well Floyd doesn't do that as much currently unless he's really feeling it (like against Ortiz). I could see a few flashy combos being put together when Maidana decides to take rests as he usually does.

Comment

Maidana takes breaks. Mayweather will notice and will capitalize.

Comment

Maidana is going to OD on Pot Shots..

Comment

If you consider his 1,2 a combo than yes. That's all he needs to beat these pretenders.

Comment

Working...
                    X