No announcement yet.

Would whitaker struggle with Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ricky didn't have a great chin but he definitely had a good one and could take a good shot.

After the Tszyu fight he definitely seemed a little less resistant but still top tier. The Mayweather fight definitely took something out of him IMO. Both physically and mentally.

I met Ricky last year, seemed abit funny to be honest. He wasn't rude by any means but he seemed a little, I don't know, condesending which surprised me a little.

Speaking of which, I bumped into Tommy Hearns in Las Vegas last week and he was an absolute c*nt.
    Yeah!? Surprising! What was Tommy saying like?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I saw him and walked up to him and basically put my hand out to shake his hand and said I'm a huge fan, pleased to meet you and he just looked at me whilst I'm there like a spare with my hand out then after about 10 seconds of looking at me as if I was a piece of dirt he shook my hand and I asked if I could get a picture to which he replied "I gave you one yesterday" to which I replied "You didn't" to which he said "Yeah I did but whatever, hurry up".

Was a shame because I followed his career as a fan and have always been a huge fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Hatton is a club fighter who fed on cake in England! He would be brutally KO'd by Pete and it would look like the Pacman bout! Hatton is a tuff kid who got destroyed when he stepped up into the top tier, he was NEVER a top tier, high caliber fighter. His record was carefully made and he fought good fighters at the end of their careers. Ray Oliverias would have given him a 12 round beating in his prime, I knew Ray since he was 13 yrs old because he fought my son 3 or 4 times and was from Region One (R.I) theres a few others on Hattons record that were old and collecting the pennies when they fought him, they ALL went there!!! Ray.
        Funny....after the Tszyu fight I always got the sense that his father and team went a little wacko. He just seemed to dry hump and throw a punch now and then, this after doing such a job on Tszyu. I guess they became risk averse for reason...

Comment

I saw him and walked up to him and basically put my hand out to shake his hand and said I'm a huge fan, pleased to meet you and he just looked at me whilst I'm there like a spare with my hand out then after about 10 seconds of looking at me as if I was a piece of dirt he shook my hand and I asked if I could get a picture to which he replied "I gave you one yesterday" to which I replied "You didn't" to which he said "Yeah I did but whatever, hurry up".

Was a shame because I followed his career as a fan and have always been a huge fan of his.
          Damn man that sucks, sounds like he was a prick.

Id have chinned him Barkley style! lol

Comment

Damn man that sucks, sounds like he was a prick.

Id have chinned him Barkley style! lol
            Funniest part is, I met Adrien Broner over there too and you'd expect him to be like that but turns out he's one of the nicest guys on Earth

Comment

Funniest part is, I met Adrien Broner over there too and you'd expect him to be like that but turns out he's one of the nicest guys on Earth
              well that, is insane.

if i didn't know you were a credible source i'd straight up call you a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                well that, is insane.

if i didn't know you were a credible source i'd straight up call you a liar.

I only spoke to both of them for about 30 seconds each.

Hearns was by himself too whereas Broner was with Sam Watson and 4 or 5 of his friends so you'd think the chances are he would act like a clown but he was real polite and nice for the brief time we spoke.

Could be because I'm a fair bit older than him Who knows.

Met a few guys out there, Bernard Hopkins, Rafael Garica, Roger Mayweather, Floyd Sr, Ishe Smith, Eddie Mustafa Muhammad, pretty much every fighter on the card outside of Robert Guererro and Floyd themselves.

Comment

That surprised me too. Never met him, but I've always heard good things about Tommy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    That surprised me too. Never met him, but I've always heard good things about Tommy.
                    Perhaps he was having a bad day, who knows.

Comment

Hearns was very nice to UglyPug, but he might have just thought he was ******ed.

It does sound like he was having a bad day

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X