Castillo: Canelo is too green for Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Two very different views on this!
    Of course they are. Larry is a Floyd fan who knows ginger is on the horizon so he's gonna hype ginger on up.

I'm a boxing fan who knows ginger is nothing more than a hypejob, who's been spoonfed stiffs & is undeserving of a Floyd fight.

I say ginger needs to fight Trout to prove he's any good. Larry is fine with another bum, or old man & Floyd next.

Comment

The kid has had already 40 fights, are you serious?

Comment

I wouldn't call him "green". He has over 40 professional fights. But he does need to beat a legit ranked contender to prove himself worthy of being the #2 ranked fighter at 154.

Comment

Canelo in truth should have already started stepping up a few fights ago to have landed a Floyd fight instead of Guerrero or anyone else, that way we wouldnt be debating if hes ready or not for someone like Floyd.

I think the kid has some talent, but hes just not proven yet and thats as simple as I see it. if he had a couple of decent names on his CV from the tough & tested 154 guys then the win would mean a lot more if Mayweather gets it. I think Canelo goes on to do good things even if he gets beaten by Floyd, he's got time on his side and is not a complete scrub

Comment

green?

as far as skill level, intelligence, conditioning, chin, speed, and power, canelo is head and shoulders above most fighters. so if someone, thinks he's green, then every boxer in the world must be green then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              Floyd is 36 years old,it's now or never
              I agree. Floyd will be old by the time Canelo fights all the top guys at 154.

Comment

If Canelo rips through Trout I don't expect Floyd to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                  Floyd is 36 years old,it's now or never
                  Hopkins is 48. Its now or never. Excuses Excuses. Maybe its all the wars Floyds been in blheheheheheeee:WORD:

Comment

I voted that Floyd will not fight him. I also think he is ready for Floyd right now. As for deserving the big payday I think he deserves it. Canelo brings in plenty of money. Who else could Floyd fight that would make him more money than Canelo? Canelo will probably fight Trout next and that should prove the guys that think he can't fight either right or wrong. I'll be betting a few hundred bucks on Canelo to beat Trout.

Comment

As if Floyd is gonna wait until Alverez is good enough?
                      People want Alverez to test the waters against Trout, Cotto or whoever to see if he is good enough to beat Floyd, but rather than fight them, he should go straight to the Floyd fight, and then we can see if he is good enough, by actually fighting Floyd, rather than Trout or whoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X