Garcia KO'd Khan, good win for him
    but people seem more excited over him stopping ancient Terrible
    big fucking deal, he's not that good

Broner's exciting to watch and has the potential to go far
    but Demarco is the only really good win he's got so far
    people are going way overboard with it, talking like he's great
    let the kid prove himself, he hasn't earned all the praise just yet

Comment

• Sounds like your dislike for Broner stems from HBO promotion not Broner himself! As for being over hyped by anyone, I don't see it!! He has talent, he comes to fight and win and other than being in a compromising position he seems to be on his way. At 23 yrs old he's done very well! Don't ya think? Ray

Comment

• Rather then call them hype jobs, I will name 3 fighters I think are over hyped at the moment

Danny Garcia - way over hyped
        Sergio Martinez - Over hyped
        Canelo - Over hyped and untested for all the hype he gets

None I would say are "hype jobs" because they are all very capable. I just think the 3 of them get a bit more hype then they possibly deserve, thats all..

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          it doesn't matter. Canelo could've beaten Cotto and GGG could've beaten Strum it wouldnt' make them the #5 P4P. That's ******ed
          How does it not matter when you are claiming he is a hype job. The fact is the man is athleticly gift and still has yet to faulter. Canelo could have, as well as GGG but they haven't. This is reality, and in reality Broner shows a lot to look forward to.

Comment

• I agree with your list OP, but I wouldn't consider them "hype jobs", more like unproven. Those three guys could be future superstars, so it's only natural fans get excited about them early on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Austin Trout aka Josh Clottey Jr
              Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              I can't believe I am the only one who has said Josh Clottey Jr. SMH
              Since no 1 else did, I guess I'll tell you why.

The reason why you're the only one that man that comparison is because it's the stupidest comparison to made. Trout has won his biggest fight on the biggest stage of his career. And it was his 1st one. Nothing else need be said here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Rigo gets a ton of hype because of his amateur career
                he's done fuck all as a pro though

Garcia KO'd Khan, good win for him
                but people seem more excited over him stopping ancient Terrible
                big fucking deal, he's not that good

Broner's exciting to watch and has the potential to go far
                but Demarco is the only really good win he's got so far
                people are going way overboard with it, talking like he's great
                let the kid prove himself, he hasn't earned all the praise just yet
                I like Rigo's style a lot but I agree he is really overrated but to say he's done nothing as a pro is silly. He won a world title in his first 10 fights, that's definitely something. I mean it was against Rico Ramos who isn't anything special himself. I just hope they step up his competition already though cause he's already old. Agbeko would be a great matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  I like Rigo's style a lot but I agree he is really overrated but to say he's done nothing as a pro is silly. He won a world title in his first 10 fights, that's definitely something. I mean it was against Rico Ramos who isn't anything special himself. I just hope they step up his competition already though cause he's already old. Agbeko would be a great matchup.
                  It's difficult to build yourself up in a promotion, that pulls for the other guy (Donaire) and has or seems like has no interest; in making a super fight between the two. So in my view, if he doesn't get his fight with Donaire(which I don't see happening), needs to move up in weight!
                  Arum is protecting his other Cash Cow, and Rigo is not in the top of any his prioritys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                    As in Trout?

He's the only other big name in the 154 division as of late who isn't Canelo or Floyd. The board hasn't discussed Trout facing Mayweather much and is still 50-50 on a Trout vs. Canelo.

I'm pretty sure he's not hyped.
                    Yes Trout he's a C+ fighter at best yet you have people talking about Canelo 'ducking him' like he's a threat

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He hasn't achieved what he was expected to achieve by a masses of his cult like following.

Hence, why he's a hype job.
                      I get what you're saying but personally I view a hype job as someone who was hyped up but turns out to be hardly much good at all, I don't think that applies to Judah. He was/is good, just isn't great, achieved too much to be called a hype-job in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X