No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather JR defence..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
    next time let your brother hit your arm with a bat so u wont be able to post.
    ahahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      This is where berto and Oscar failed you don't just pick up defensive stands like the Philly shell especially when your not use to getting your offense off iin that stance.
      Exactly, when I saw Berto come out with that PBF stance..againts Guerrero..I was like wtf?...is he doing...

Comment

atggggggggggg thread

Comment

Floyds primary defense is keeping his hands up. He only uses the shoulder roll on the inside. He keeps his elbow up to keep opponents from pounding his arms. But its how he uses the shoulder roll that makes it effective. He turns away from his opponent making it easy to roll with his opponents punches. And he always maintains eye contact in the ring. It takes years to master. The closest fighter that ive seen come close is the young prospect JLeon Love. He has the jab and checkhook to go along with it. Young Broner doesnt have that.
          Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 12-14-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            The problem is everybody head hunts on him trying to knock him out I'd be hitting his arms and shoulders any puncher will dislocate his shoulder if they kept pounding on it
            YES!! That exactly what I meant any smart fighter would just pound his arm, boxers have power to break arms in 1 punch if it was full swing. Imagine Floyd trying to fight with 1 arm rofl..

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
              YES!! That exactly what I meant any smart fighter would just pound his arm, boxers have power to break arms in 1 punch if it was full swing. Imagine Floyd trying to fight with 1 arm rofl..
              LoL! ok is out of my system in all seriousness. I have never seen anyone be knocked out from an arm punch (other then you) have you? Everyone in boxing gets hit in their arms that's the whole point thats how you defend by putting your earmuffs on, and how you protect your body also...To Protect that chinn, bruised arm or concussion take your pick. Now hitting hes body would be a valid argument.

Comment

I remember Edwin Valero saying this is what he would do if he fought Floyd.

Comment

This guy doesn't know how to roll with the punches or what

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    LoL! ok is out of my system in all seriousness. I have never seen anyone be knocked out from an arm punch (other then you) have you? Everyone in boxing gets hit in their arms that's the whole point thats how you defend by putting your earmuffs on, and how you protect your body also...To Protect that chinn, bruised arm or concussion take your pick. Now hitting hes body would be a valid argument.

Roy jones stopped Tony Thornton by dislodging his AC with a left hook to the joint
                    Last edited by TriggerItch; 12-14-2012, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderson Silva

So, I have watched all his fights and his defence is really weird. It didn't quite make sense to me when I first saw it but it SEEMED like it worked and opponents couldn't hit him. So me and my brother was fighting and I switched my defence up like Floyd raising my left shoulder and tucking my chin in.. which is FLAWED. My brother just smashed my arm in and i was down for the count..

Really how is that a good defence? Making your arms get hit instead of your face is better then getting hit in face but is far from good defence. Tysons defence is far superior how he moved side to side without getting touched. Trust me all Floyd has to do is get in a fight with a hard puncher and just try pulling that **** on them, they'd smash his arm up real bad. How can people say his defence is so good when he ruins his arm??

The problem is everybody head hunts on him trying to knock him out I'd be hitting his arms and shoulders any puncher will dislocate his shoulder if they kept pounding on it
                      exactly why Margarito would have destroyed him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X