No announcement yet.

INSANITY WORKOUT or P90X and weight room

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSANITY WORKOUT or P90X and weight room

I am thinking of give a try to SANITY WORKOUT or P90X, I am not sure about it yet, but I guess I will take INSANITY cause it is alot of CARDIO and that is what I am looking for, my real question is Should I go to the gym first and then the INSANITY or do the INSANITY first and the go to the gym, and what time will be better to do it, any advice is more than welcome.

Do you go to the gym now and want to add insanity?

Comment

I am talking about the weight gym, so I am going to use INSANITY as the cardio part but I dont now if do the INSANITY before or after going the weight gym, or do it in the morning or afternoon. I want to do it one after the other. I am open to suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
        I am talking about the weight gym, so I am going to use INSANITY as the cardio part but I dont now if do the INSANITY before or after going the weight gym, or do it in the morning or afternoon. I want to do it one after the other. I am open to suggestions.
        I would say keep them separate for the most part.

Definitely dont do lifting before insanity, because then you will be somewhat drained from lifting and wont being give your all during insanity. Your best bet will most likely be doing insanity and then lifting all though you may not get great lifts after doing the insanity.

Ideally though I would say do insanity in the morning or something then lift a couple hours later to give your body some time to recover. But it would be tough to have the time to do both.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
          I would say keep them separate for the most part.

Definitely dont do lifting before insanity, because then you will be somewhat drained from lifting and wont being give your all during insanity. Your best bet will most likely be doing insanity and then lifting all though you may not get great lifts after doing the insanity.

Ideally though I would say do insanity in the morning or something then lift a couple hours later to give your body some time to recover. But it would be tough to have the time to do both.
          When i go to the gym I usually last from 90 to 120 minutes doing by weight routine, so as you recommend I should do it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD1 View Post
            When i go to the gym I usually last from 90 to 120 minutes doing by weight routine, so as you recommend I should do it apart.
            Yeah it will be too much for your body back to back. From what I gather Insanity is intense cardio, you will probably be drained after doing it.

Comment

Alternate...Monday, Wednesday and Friday do weights. Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday do Insanity. You could throw in a mile warm up and a mile cool down to your weight workouts to up the cardio on workout days. Take Sunday off or just do stretching on Sundays.

If you overwork yourself by lifting weights everyday, you won't see any results. My body doesn't like it when I try and lift weights everyday, but everyone is different. Insanity looks very, very intense...you'd likely be useless in the gym after doing that workout imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                Yeah it will be too much for your body back to back. From what I gather Insanity is intense cardio, you will probably be drained after doing it.
                Yeah, I agre...I think it is like 8 to 16 minutes of intense cardio and then a short break. It repeats like that for an hour or so I believe.

Comment

Them P90s and Insanity workouts are like 45 minutes long, you will tax your body if you do your weight routine and these workouts on the same day. I'd do a shorter 20minute max high intensity circuit as conditioning and cardio instead on the same day as weight days if you really wnat

Comment

i'm doing insanity right now, and while it is a whole lot of cardio, there is also a lot of (mostly lower body) strength and plyometric training. You will be really sore from all the jumping and squats, your arms might be tired from planks and pushups as well, although there is not too many pushups.

If youre going to do insanity, I would try it out a couple times before you start two-a-days. you won't really know what youre getting into otherwise. It's pretty tough. good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X