No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley the most punch drunk fighter ive seen in a while

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    I have interviewed him and talked to him about once a month since December and he is fine

it's funny but I did an interview right after the guy did his at Hatton Pacquiao (it's in bscene's vid archive) and the impression I got was that he had been drinking a bit not that he was punch drunk. He was a little flush in the face and seemed to be a little more uh happy go lucky

but this has been the only time I have noticed any speech issues. Prior to that he has been well spoken and clear in diction
    So are you blaming it on Jin?

He sounds like he has a sinus problem now.

So ask him if he has a deviated spetum or something.
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-21-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      He also sounded fine when he was on ESPN calling out Pacquiao, he's always talked that way. Now James Toney is a guy who's slurring badly.
      disagree a bit

the last full interview I did with him was after Marquez Diaz and he sounded clearer, then Jake did an interview with him and from what he said he sounded fine

in all honestly I think he had been drinking a bit prior (I would say around 4ish after the weigh in) because afterward (Sat) he sounded great

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        So are you blaming it on Jin?
        more like Gin

Comment

disagree a bit

the last full interview I did with him was after Marquez Diaz and he sounded clearer, then Jake did an interview with him and from what he said he sounded fine

in all honestly I think he had been drinking a bit prior (I would say around 4ish after the weigh in) because afterward (Sat) he sounded great
          Interesting, thanks for the info.

Comment

more like Gin
            That was a two in one if you didn't notice

Jin = Divorce = Gin/drinking

which would explain the timing

Comment

Originally posted by Jeups View Post
              i seen that a while ago alright, to be honest i thought he was on somethin giggling inbetween questions like that i just watched

An he just doesnt seem with it, can only get worse he shoudl think about wrappin it up soon
              He doesnt sound punk drunk to me here,i think its just how he speaks

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                This was mentioned before with this interview:

Sounds like has a sinus problem in this interview

yeah his voice is real nasally. must be sinus problems

Comment

That's sad to hear. I'm surprised Oscar is still functioning normally after taking all those beatings.

Manny should definitely retire within two fights if he wants to become an ATG with his senses in tact.

Other guys to watch out for: Katsidis and Juan Diaz. They're both still young guys, and if their recent fights are any indication, they're bound to develop pugilistic dementia.

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
                    That's sad to hear. I'm surprised Oscar is still functioning normally after taking all those beatings.

Manny should definitely retire within two fights if he wants to become an ATG with his senses in tact.

Other guys to watch out for: Katsidis and Juan Diaz. They're both still young guys, and if their recent fights are any indication, they're bound to develop pugilistic dementia.

I'm surprised Gatti functioned as long as he did.

He didn't even sound bad here...but damn...I don't want to hear him years down the line. One of my favorite fighters.

Comment

Mosley sounds the same he did several years ago. There's no difference. If this is considered punch drunk, then he's been punchdrunk pretty much all his career cause that's just how he speaks.

Comment

Working...
                      X