Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make my own free standing punch bag?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make my own free standing punch bag?

Like I have a heavy bag on a tree outside for conditioning.

But I want something for indoors so I can practice my technque on it while watching myself in the mirror and listening to highlight videos of mike tyson and rocky marciano.

Now it dosnt have to be extremely heavy but I do punch pretty hard and it has to be enough so I dont jar my brain like when practicing full power on the air. It cant fall over every time I punch it either.

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
    Like I have a heavy bag on a tree outside for conditioning.

But I want something for indoors so I can practice my technque on it while watching myself in the mirror and listening to highlight videos of mike tyson and rocky marciano.

Now it dosnt have to be extremely heavy but I do punch pretty hard and it has to be enough so I dont jar my brain like when practicing full power on the air. It cant fall over every time I punch it either.
    I have never seen a free standing punching bag that didn't suck. Use a wall bag. You can't push with your punches or throw nonstop haymakers, but it's your best bet if you can't hang one up.

Also never punch full power in the air; that's how you tear a rotator cuff.

Comment

Ask your mum to hold a mattress up and go for it .

Comment

do you have a brother or a sister? I was my older sisters punching bag for years. Now after all is said and done she likes to take credit for being my first sparring partner. ........... Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post

this is inaccurate................ Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            No, this is not inaccurate. Just because you train wrong and don't get injured, doesn't make your training any better. You need impact to stop the momentum, or your joint takes the blunt of the impact for you. You may be the exception, not the rule my friend.

Comment

Partly accurate, you need to strengthen the muscles that you use when you're throwing punches in the air, there's a good reason why boxers also do shadowboxing. So if you have good stabilizer muscles and decent flexibility it's unlikely that you're going to tear a rotator cuff.

Now if you just started boxing and throw punches in the air with full power like a madman the most likely thing to happen is a muscular injury, but of course it's possible to get a torn rotator cuff.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                Partly accurate, you need to strengthen the muscles that you use when you're throwing punches in the air, there's a good reason why boxers also do shadowboxing. So if you have good stabilizer muscles and decent flexibility it's unlikely that you're going to tear a rotator cuff.

Now if you just started boxing and throw punches in the air with full power like a madman the most likely thing to happen is a muscular injury, but of course it's possible to get a torn rotator cuff.
                I'm not saying don't shadowbox, of course it's an excellent mode of training. I'm saying don't throw haymakers full force in the air without landing on a pad or bag. I have never shadowboxed, nor witnessed shadowbox in any gym where the boxer is winging haymakers in the air.

Comment

I'm not saying don't shadowbox, of course it's an excellent mode of training. I'm saying don't throw haymakers full force in the air without landing on a pad or bag. I have never shadowboxed, nor witnessed shadowbox in any gym where the boxer is winging haymakers in the air.
                  Yeah, I'm not saying that it's a good thing to throw punches with full force in the air, of course the risks out weight the benefits, but if you're already in decent shape then it's unlikely that you'll easily get a torn rotator cuff.

As I've said, it's a lot more likely to get a muscular injury like a muscle tear or perhaps a ligament sprain in the shoulder. Before you tear your rotator cuff you're going to suffer from another injury.

Comment

do you have a brother or a sister? I was my older sisters punching bag for years. Now after all is said and done she likes to take credit for being my first sparring partner. ........... Rockin'
                    LOL Cheers rockin!

Comment

Working...
                    X