Collapse
No announcement yet.

sparring in Kyoto, Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been here for 8 years. my japanese is conversational. could be better but my time is limited. working then boxing then running after practice, im pretty tired. but i do learn new words and grammar when i can. And japan is okay, i guess. I live in the kansai area, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe area so im very far from the nuclear power plant and the affected areas.

Comment

cool vid bro the quality and the gym and the sparring are all good....

Very different than here in mexico almost the opposite hahah crappy gyms crappy cams but the sparrings are brutal hahaha

U look good men i wont write as much as the others but keep that head movin and dont be so flat footed and ull kick ass

Keep up the good work !

Comment

Originally posted by blockhar View Post
        thanks jjbj2 and boxer2k5. Im the black guy in the red shorts. I will take heed off your advice. you guys really watched and analyzed it. thanks so much for that. yeah, i am a little too exposed to the body. i will lower my guard and learn to use more head movement and my feet. and put more combos together. and def use more of my legs for those body shots. im trying to condition my legs more to be able to go in and out fast but man its tiring. but we all have to start somewhere. and sometimes i get so excited because i dont get too spar often so i was overanxious than usual. will try to not waste movements and energy.

oh and boxer2k5 im 154, jr middle. i just look big.

and thanks again
        yeah i have to condition my legs more as well. hitting like 300 squats aday ontop of my normal workouts so i can be explosive and use them more. butgood work just keep it up. i fifght 168 but look bigger as well. dont worry bout anything listen to your coach and keep working hard and things will be fine

Comment

boxing in Kyoto

Hi, nice spar! I'm visiting Kyoto for 3 weeks and I am looking for boxing gyms to practice at. I'm wondering if you have any advice? I'm located in the North Eastern corner of Kyoto near the Kyoto U north campus. Are there any gym located near there or in central Kyoto? From what I could tell, your gym was somewhere in the south west of Kyoto and pretty far from where I am (please correct me if I am wrong about that). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My email is jonathan.campbell.toledo@gmail.com.

Thanks!

-Jon

Comment

Good stuff man! You got a lot of snap in your punches (especially your jab) and you know how to get inside without taking too much leather. You throw a lot of power punches and they land a lot. The only thing I would worry about it is that you seemed a little gassed by the third round. I would work on combination punching, focusing on speed and accuracy, rather than swinging for the home-run too often. I think your jab is one of your best punches, and I think if you used it more often, you will have even more success. But again, great stuff man, train hard.

Comment

Originally posted by blockhar View Post
              i have been here for 8 years. my japanese is conversational. could be better but my time is limited. working then boxing then running after practice, im pretty tired. but i do learn new words and grammar when i can. And japan is okay, i guess. I live in the kansai area, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe area so im very far from the nuclear power plant and the affected areas.
              What kind of work do you do over there?

Comment

Working...
              X