Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Lee was the worst thing that could happen to Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RwK View Post
    Good thought, I disagree in actual REALITY.

lmao Martinez is going to get merked worse than he did against Marg.

A giant bohemoth who cuts off the ring..........is 12 years younger........hits harder............does nothing but attack the body..........takes a punch better than anyone he faced.

Etc.

Once the Sergio hype train ends, we'll revise all of this.
    Chavez has only scored two KOs in his seven middleweight fights, both times against fighters who had been knocked out before. Meanwhile Martinez is on a four fights KO streak, three against guys who had never been stopped before. I don't know what reality you're talking about but it's not the one I live in.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 07-18-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Martinez is going to be worn down, and destroyed.

Just like he was against Margarito.
      Hmmm, lets see....Martinez had 16 fights of TOTAL experience before that fight. No amateur background, no experience at all prior to 21 years of age and you guys using this fight as your "leverage" need to watch that fight in case you have never seen it. Martinez was whooping the crap out of Margarito until the 6th round when he stood and tried to trade with him, he didn't get KO'd the ref called it when he was pinned against the ropes.

Now fast forward 12 years and he went 9 years without a loss (the lone loss he did have was pretty much a gift to the then "HBO" fighter Williams), that's 29 fights without a loss. The lone draw he got in that stretch should have been a KO win for him against another "HBO" fighter at the time in Cintron.

Now he moves up in weight and breaks the MW champion of the world to pieces...a guy that is 4 inches taller than him and outweighed him by 11 pounds on fight night...much like Chavez will. He sliced that guy's face up like a Ginsu going through a sirloin steak and he has a MUCH better defense than Chavez "my chin is granite so I don't need to block" jr does.

Your boy is going to get a broken nose after only a few rounds and realize that he can't successfully get to Martinez due to his vast experience and longer reach. Julio also won't see any of Martinez' punches coming at him from the odd angles that Sergio throws them at, he will get caught flush numerous times and get hurt, possibly dropped.

You should not put so much faith a guy because of his size...Margarito didn't fair too well against Pacquiao did he? That is the fight you should use as your barometer for this one.

Comment

I'm just being a biased dickjob.

You guys don't need to get all crazy. Let me be the insane one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Even with the recent knockouts to me it looks like Martinez has been slipping a bit, now I do feel that even a slightly faded Martinez should still take care of business against JCC Jr..

That said once fading starts in boxing it can be a real slippery slope and if he starts getting older in this fight he could end up in trouble, I am sure that is what Team JCC Jr. is looking at.

I do tend agree with what you said about the JCC Jr.-Lee fight though.

Comment

chavez jr is gonna lacy martinez, then he's gonna gatti ward, and hatton dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Chavez has only scored two KOs in his seven middleweight fights, both times against fighters who had been knocked out before. Meanwhile Martinez is on a four fights KO streak, three against guys who had never been stopped before. I don't know what reality you're talking about but it's not the one I live in.
              Martinez' P4P ranking causes some to criticize his opponents too highly. Hes beaten some tough, game fighters, and by knockout.

Comment

I'm just being a biased dickjob.

You guys don't need to get all crazy. Let me be the insane one.
                That's great

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Even with the recent knockouts to me it looks like Martinez has been slipping a bit, now I do feel that even a slightly faded Martinez should still take care of business against JCC Jr..

That said once fading starts in boxing it can be a real slippery slope and if he starts getting older in this fight he could end up in trouble, I am sure that is what Team JCC Jr. is looking at.

I do tend agree with what you said about the JCC Jr.-Lee fight though.
                  Just my opinion, but to me it appears that way because his recent batch of opponents have tried to change their game and be defensive counter punchers.

I'm not sure if Jr. can do that (or should do that) and Sergio shines against fighter's with leaky defences.

Martinez, if anything is an 'aware' fighter who capitalises on opportunities and doesn't shrink in the spotlight at all.

I predict a showcase fight for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                    Just my opinion, but to me it appears that way because his recent batch of opponents have tried to change their game and be defensive counter punchers.

I'm not sure if Jr. can do that (or should do that) and Sergio shines against fighter's with leaky defences.

Martinez, if anything is an 'aware' fighter who capitalises on opportunities and doesn't shrink in the spotlight at all.

I predict a showcase fight for Martinez.
                    That is possible, I don't deny that and actually I am still looking to bet on Martinez.

It is just a concern for Martinez that I have.

Comment

I personally believe this is a more competitive fight than most think. I think an upset could happen TBH. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Comment

Working...
                      X