Collapse
No announcement yet.

lets hope ward v kovalev delivers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree. Historically defensive fighter v offensive fighter often delivers but the problem is, ward has a very ugly style and when he wins, he wins ugly.

Add to that I don't feel kov is strong on the inside or on the backfoot, as I've said for a while now and ward is very strong. I feel like kov is going to be chasing the fight all night. That might make it fun lol

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I agree. Historically defensive fighter v offensive fighter often delivers but the problem is, ward has a very ugly style and when he wins, he wins ugly.

Add to that I don't feel kov is strong on the inside or on the backfoot, as I've said for a while now and ward is very strong. I feel like kov is going to be chasing the fight all night. That might make it fun lol
      Agree.

I think people looking for Kov to ragdoll Ward in a clinch (and it will happen) are going to be disappointed.

Ward isn't a blast you out type of guy, obviously, but he is a strong guy.

Comment

• Fight I am most excited for!

Winner P4P 1 in my book

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          im a true boxing fan, im hoping that for once a fight lives up to the hype. I also think boxing needs a big event to deliver and get more interest in the sport once again
          you are NOT a boxing fan, you are a cheerleader.

Comment

• To be fair, I'm not a massive fan of Ward. But if he can ruin Kovalevs game plan for 12 rounds, then you have to appreciate it as a boxing fan.

As long as no head butts or dick punches of course.

Comment

• I see Ward outboxing Kovalev pretty easily so O think a lot of people are going to be disapoindisapointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                Agree.

I think people looking for Kov to ragdoll Ward in a clinch (and it will happen) are going to be disappointed.

Ward isn't a blast you out type of guy, obviously, but he is a strong guy.
                You say that but I'm actually betting money on ward with a jumping left hook ko

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
                  You say that but I'm actually betting money on ward with a jumping left hook ko

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

He's gonna hadouken dat foo

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      now that the fight has been signed, lets hope for a positive event for boxing. UFC have just had their biggest fight deliver, bringing in lots more fans to the sport. Now its time for boxing to showcase its biggest event for a while.

Hopefully we get a fight free from clinches, fouls and headbutts. A fight in which both fighters throw heavy shots and combos.

Do people think this will be an exciting fight as im hoping, or could it be a stinker and turn fans away from the sport? On such a big stage, do both fighters have a responsibility to make this an exciting fight or is purely just about the win, even if that win is at the cost of turning people away from the sport? Discuss...
                      I guess that you and others think that, if you keep saying that UFC fights are better and more popular than boxing, you will eventually start to believe it. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it still won't be true.

Kovalev and Ward will deliver , but it won't deliver in the way that you and others hope and expect, just as Mayweather/Pacquiao didn't deliver in the way that most of the people who post on this site hoped it would. It won't be a fight in which they will trade knockdowns for five or six rounds until one fighter knocks the other one out. It won't be like Pacquaio/Marquez IV, even though most of the people on this site claim that that fight didn't deliver because the person they were rooting for didn't win.

Kovalev/Ward will only deliver for Ward fans (not Kovalev fans), because Ward fans are expecting a technically sound fight in which one fighter will demonstrate his superior boxing skills and win the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X