Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman would beat Spence and shock you guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spence still needs to face a puncher before I can ever lean his way.

Right now I lean towards Thurman since he's more proven, but based on the eye test I think this is a 50/50 fight.

Comment

Styles influence the outcome of fights but styles don't make fights. That is just a worn out overused expression. The fighters still have to be the ones to carry their style into the ring and make that style work for them. I think Thurman is a very good fighter and Spence is an even better fighter. I don't see anything in Thurman or Thurman's style that would prevent Spence from beating him. Thurman is too good and too proven for me to rule out the possibility of him defeating Spence. My money bet will be on Spence to win.

Comment

I think Thurman will KO Spence . Spence to me has been spoon feed so far and he will be shock when he steps up in class

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          thurman is not a huge puncher
          I agree but it doesn't matter, he has enough power to hurt and KO every fighter in that division.

That said, Spence would beat him IMO.

Comment

"no bro Spence knocked Bundu out. That's how it works BRO, if Thurman coukdnt knock Bundu out and Spence did that means that Spence would beat Thurman."

Book: The logic of an idiot.

Chapter:1

Comment

Would Thurman beating Spence be THAT much of a shock? I mean I think I'd favor Spence at this point as I'm sure a fair amount of people would, but I don't think it'd be a huge upset or anything if Thurman did win. Thurman has proven more in the ring thus far & Spence is more about future potential than accomplishments. Seems like a pick em or slight edge to one guy or the other & no result would be a shock type fight.

Comment

I don't know about this fight. Thurman isn't progressing like most expected him to from a few years ago (since the shoulder surgery). Meantime, Spence still hasn't had a top 10 WW to fight. Algeri struggled with Erik Bone, and was never that special to begin with, and Bundu was 41 years old and not that active.

Comment

Would it be a shock?

Thurman is ranked above Spence right now and has just beaten a fighter that is a far higher calibre of opponent than Spence has been in with.

Spence looks good so far with limited opposition. He does get hit a lot and if he is that easy to hit against Thurman, then he's going to need a granite chin.

I think people need to lay off the Spence hype for a bit. The threads people are making now about Spence almost verbatim versions of ones made about the likes of Broner 3 years ago, and we saw how that's turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                    I think Spence beats Thurman but Porter is way faster than Spence on his feet. Porter's got faster feet than Thurman as well, I think that may be why Thurman didn't move as much against Porter as people expected. Porter closes the distance very quickly.

Also Spence has to be a lot more careful when going to the body against Thurman, Thurman is going to be looking to punish and counter Spence every time he goes downstairs, he won't be as committed to the body as he usually is.

Like I said I would favour Spence to win the fight, but people counting Thurman out are crazy. This fighting is gonna happen soon and the build up reminds me of Matthysse vs Garcia. Remember, all it takes is one time.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Outrun? Algieri got dropped 6 times by Pacquiao, lolol....you call that outrunning? Pac took pitty on him and coasted down the stretch, he could have easily stopped Algieri had he chosen to.

Comment

Working...
                      X