is Lennox Lewis overrated on boxing forums

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Well you're naming Wlad's worst wins.

Wlad has plenty of wins over Top 5 guys.

I'm not going to say Wlad defintely has a better resume because he doesn't but it's hardly clear who's is better.

Neither really have impressive resumes.

A lot of wins over decent-good fighters and a few embarrassing KO loss's.
    Sure. Of course he has.

But how did they get to being top contenders? Pulev was number 1 contender. Who has ever beaten?

Tony Thompson,42, who started boxing at the age of 29 was his best win.

Problem with Wlad's best wins are probably that they could have been better if they actually had fought other top contenders before they fought him. But nowadays everyone seem content fighting stiffs and waiting for Wlad to call them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
      Lennox has some more memorable names on his list, but he was nowhere near as dominant as Vlad who beat a lot of young, prime hungry guys with no or few defeats prior to facing Vlad. Lennox' signature wins in Holyfield and Tyson were past prime.

Also, let us consider the fact that Vlad is still stopping these young guns when pushing 40.
      Lewis did that too.

At 38 (almost) he beat Vitali Klitschko. He also beat David Tua and Michael Grant at 35 or so.

Why is Wlad more dominant than Lewis?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Sure. Of course he has.

But how did they get to being top contenders? Pulev was number 1 contender. Who has ever beaten?

Tony Thompson,42, who started boxing at the age of 29 was his best win.

Problem with Wlad's best wins are probably that they could have been better if they actually had fought other top contenders before they fought him. But nowadays everyone seem content fighting stiffs and waiting for Wlad to call them.
        A lot of the guys you listed for Lewis hadn't beaten anyone either.

Comment

A lot of the guys you listed for Lewis hadn't beaten anyone either.
          Yes, some of the early fighters he fought had competed at world level and generally did quite well, even if in losing efforts.

And they weren't his signature wins. Just to display the quality he has on his resume.

Comment

Lewis doesn't have that many either.
            Lewis has a slew of guys that looked like viable threats and impressive before lennox crushed them... Some may have turned out to be nothing but hype, but at the time of the fight, many thought these guys were dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Lewis did that too.

At 38 (almost) he beat Vitali Klitschko. He also beat David Tua and Michael Grant at 35 or so.

Why is Wlad more dominant than Lewis?
              Vlad has the longevity as champ. Lewis was a classy champion, not taking anything away from him. But Vlad is ahead of him by now. Especially if he keeps going a couple more years and unifies all titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Lewis has a slew of guys that looked like viable threats and impressive before lennox crushed them... Some may have turned out to be nothing but hype, but at the time of the fight, many thought these guys were dangerous
                What the A Class killers like "Prime Akinwande", "Prime Shannon Briggs" and "Prime McCall"

Comment

From reading through the various boxing forums i'd say that Lennox Lewis is actually underrated, he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism usually by people with tedious little axes to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                    youre not exactly making this thread any less ridiculous with this post. yes,,,,lennox's resume is slightly better than Tysons and moderately better than wlads but neither of the other 2 are that far from it. as much as sonny hates on lennox,,,you hate on wlad. all three are atg greats and deserve respect for fighting the best available for there eras. obviously lennox's era was much better than Tysons and espescially wlads
                    Yeah I do hate on Vlad. But its ridiculous to compare his comp to Lewis' and part of my chip is because Lewis spoke with a lilt, didn't come off like a violent person, and was not what America thought he should be Louis was downgraded, expected to crumple as a proper ruffian would teach him a lesson in the ring....and boy do people have short memories.

Lewis fought everyone the media wanted him to fight, and when he faltered he fought the same opponent again...immediately. Vlad fights who he wants to fight, did not avenge a defeat unless it was convenient for Vlad (he fought Brewster when Brewster had gone to the dogs), etc. I have a real problem with people like Vlad trying to convince me of the ability of powder puff hitting fighters who hardly move....Breez its like Judge Judy's old man used to lay the law down to her "don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining."

Comment

Lewis doesn't have that many either.
                      You have got to be kidding.

Comment

Working...
                      X