No announcement yet.

Razor Thin Fight Cotto Was Going to Get Jobbed Regardless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Watching it live I thought Canelo won clearly and I was super impressed. The size(or rather strength) played a very big role but Cotto's converted style was also badly exposed and it's a reason why I consider it a major flaw, Canelo's only real opening all night long was a straight right a punch Cotto is not comfortable throwing nor that effective, exposed badly.
    Size had 0 to do with Cotto getting outboxed soundly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      Size had 0 to do with Cotto getting outboxed soundly.
      If Canelo wasn't so massive Cotto's punches would have gone through the guard more, and you can see when Cotto threw to the body it did next to nothing, Canelo was MASSIVE in omcparison to Cotto, and he was a very strong big guy, unlike Geale.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        Flawed argument - it is clean punching, damage is the result and it can vary depending on how much power you carry or how much power you put into the punch. It also depends on what type of fighter or what the fighter is trying to achieve. If a guy is boxing then he may be punching to score points and win rounds, some guys throw punches to cause damage to wear a guy out, ideally you want to be doing both but that is a different argument. If there is a round where both guys land exactly the same or a similar amount of punches then of course the guy who landed the 'cleaner' higher quality punches, and damage may come into that will get the round.
        This happened all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          If Canelo wasn't so massive Cotto's punches would have gone through the guard more, and you can see when Cotto threw to the body it did next to nothing, Canelo was MASSIVE in omcparison to Cotto, and he was a very strong big guy, unlike Geale.
          How would have his punches gone through the guard when he was missing all night? Just admit it. Cotto got beat by the better boxer and Canelo will always be and always has been the better boxer. Where was Cotto's left hook last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            I think Canelo won - but those score cards were filled out before the fight started.

I had it 7-5 - when Cotto was on the toes, Canelo landed nothing. Most of the fight he landed 1-2 big punches a round. The compubox numbers seemed off. Cotto was landing 8-10 jabs a round plus the body work.

No matter what Cotto did, he was going to lose the fight. He was too old, too small, gave up nearly 20lbs and Golden Boy certainly had everything in his favor.

In time, this fight will look favorably for Cotto despite the L. He stayed in the trenches and fought him and stood his ground and when he stayed on his toes, Canelo could do nothing.

Lets be honest - if that was Floyd in there, he would have gotten a much more benefit of the doubt than Cotto did. We all knew what would be the outcome...once Canelo got that scorecard against Floyd, the establishment were going to pull any strings to ensure he wins.

I don't mind Cotto losing, because although he's my favorite fighter, he's leaving the sport on a high note I believe, not getting KTFO, quitting on the stool and standing his ground against the sport's new golden child. He represented Puerto Rico proudly.

And can we please stop talking about his chin - his beard might be the most underrated aspect of his game
            Hes leaving the sport like a little puta. Cries that hes getting extorted from the organization he has paid many times before. Then he gets his azz thoroughly beat and leaves again without giving an interview. Did he even do the post fight press conference?

**** Cotto.

Comment

• canelo is pure protected hype. GGG will KO this fool.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                Hes leaving the sport like a little puta. Cries that hes getting extorted from the organization he has paid many times before. Then he gets his azz thoroughly beat and leaves again without giving an interview. Did he even do the post fight press conference?

**** Cotto.
                Damn bro - you stay a sad individual; go outside and live a little. If Cotto didn't earn your respect in that ring yesterday with his performance, then you are a worthless troll

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Damn bro - you stay a sad individual; go outside and live a little. If Cotto didn't earn your respect in that ring yesterday with his performance, then you are a worthless troll
                  Sad for what? The guy I picked to win won. Cotto is the sad ****. Thought he was being slick by giving up the belt he supposedly doesn't care for, then gets his azz beat for 12 rounds and walks out like a broner. I can't respect fighters who don't respect their opponents or the fans who pay for their lifestyle. You're a worthless stan if you support poor sportsmanship from a b1tch like that. Its pretty much every time he loses too. Why should he get a pass when its customary to give a post fight interview?

Comment

• Interesting, I watched the boxnation one, maybe thats why I was worried canelo was going to loose and thought that he would. I didnt track rounds but thought cotto had a big lead before the 8th round. I think boxnation wasnt trying to favor cotto in their broadcast but it ends up that way because dont even have a spanish translator for canelo's corner inbetween rounds. IDK why theyre so cheap, its one of the most common languages in the world, Im sure they can find a guy named pedro who will do it for them for a 6 pack.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                      Sad for what? The guy I picked to win won. Cotto is the sad ****. Thought he was being slick by giving up the belt he supposedly doesn't care for, then gets his azz beat for 12 rounds and walks out like a broner. I can't respect fighters who don't respect their opponents or the fans who pay for their lifestyle. You're a worthless stan if you support poor sportsmanship from a b1tch like that. Its pretty much every time he loses too. Why should he get a pass when its customary to give a post fight interview?
                      did the same thing after the mayweather fight, ran to his lockerroom like a bish claiming he was robbed. de ja vu

Comment

Working...
                      X