No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez vs David Diaz Looms For July 16

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez vs David Diaz Looms For July 16

WBO/WBA lightweight world champion Juan Manuel Marquez confirmed last week's report by BoxingScene.com, and said his next fight will take place on July 16, and not July 2. Marquez says he is close to a deal to fight former lightweight champion David Diaz, at 140-pounds, and the fight will be televised in the United States. Marquez is using the July fight as a tuneup for his trilogy with Manny Pacquiao, scheduled for November 12 in Las Vegas at 144 pounds. Marquez is taking a trip to Miami, Florida to finalize some details on his July fight and then he plans to return to Mexico City this weekend where he plans to formally begin his training at the Romanza Gym for the clash against Diaz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

David Diaz nice move Marquez fight a guy who has been shot to **** for 5 years.

Comment

I want to say that this fight is on par with Pacquiao vs Mosley...but I also want to say its a tad above Pacquiao vs Mosley. Either way any where close to Pacquiao vs Mosley is still bad and thats this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
          I want to say that this fight is on par with Pacquiao vs Mosley...but I also want to say its a tad above Pacquiao vs Mosley. Either way any where close to Pacquiao vs Mosley is still bad and thats this fight.
          at least this fight is a tune-up

Mosley-Pacquiao was no tune-up and it was hyped as the biggest fight of the year

in that sense, Marquez-Diaz is an OK fight

Comment

No more cherry picking, if it's David Diaz then it should be David Diaz. David got balls and not a quitter. It showed when he valiantly fought Manny Pacquiao. David Diaz is a model fighter, he is not a cry baby like Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

Anybody know what weight this fight would be at? I would assume at least 140...

Comment

This is not an interesting fight.

He should fight Bradley, Maidana, Khan, Guerrero, Vasquez or Rios.

Comment

This is just horrible man, what a waste!!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    Anybody know what weight this fight would be at? I would assume at least 140...
                    it said 140 right in the article

pretty weak fight, but at least JMM is getting in the ring and taking a fight above Lightweight in preparation for his bout with Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X