Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Ishida?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I'm hoping is that his 5-fight plan contains at least 3 guys who have a respectable chance. How many HBO dates will he get this year?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      All I'm hoping is that his 5-fight plan contains at least 3 guys who have a respectable chance. How many HBO dates will he get this year?
      I'd say about 2 more (including the one in June)

Comment

Here I thought Vera would get the call.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I'd say about 2 more (including the one in June)
          I wonder if HBO is gonna play promoter and try to make the most competitive match-ups. Or, are they just gonna continue to build him up as the "monster of the MW division" and match him up intelligently? I guess that depends on whether the other top guys are willin to play ball.

Comment

sh11t, ggg versus ishida..why not

who gets knocked out??

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              yeah, you're right. it will get views on youtube. it would have been nice to see him get an espn date, i think 3/29 is open. either way, it's only a stay busy fight. hopefully hbo and loeffler can secure a top MW for their next hbo date.
              I bet a part of the plan is to maintain his profile in Europe, and get some business started back up in Monte Carlo. The place has a big fight history, big money, but no action lately.

GGG is a huge win for K2. Up till now they only did Klitschko shows, but now can have him headline in Europe, or copromote his US shows. Opens up undercard spots for their other fighters. They should have signed countryman Glazkov.

Comment

I'd prefer a better opponent obviously, but then if it's just a keep busy fight and he is going to fight 5 times in a year I don't see the harm.

Comment

Ishida has 8 losses. He lost two straight and lost 3 of his last 5.
                  He is not in the top 15 of the WBC,WBA,IBF or WBO.

Terrible match. No respectable organization would sanction this.
                  Last edited by TBear; 01-31-2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                    Do you think they are just trying to keep him busy
                    this would be correct.

Nobuhiro is a tough, game, gutty guy with some boxing skill. a decent stay-busy opponent.

Comment

I like this as a stay busy fight. Ishida is a tough durable guy, he's never been stopped. GGG wants to fight 5 times this year. What's with the hate?

Comment

Working...
                      X