Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito never had a granite chin, but a giant heart.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito never had a granite chin, but a giant heart.

True story. If De La Hoya was able to take on Mosley twice on HGH, when they were both in their PRIMES, it explains two things; De La Hoya has one of the best chin's in the game and Margarito fights purely on will. Skills pays bills, but will overcomes skills. (Mosley just had both, lol)

Moving forward, Margarito has a lot of work ahead of him, hopefully we see him bounce back in a reputable fashion. If Toney, Mosley, Klitschko and the rest can be forgiven for using steroids, Margarito (AND CORRALES) can be forgiven for "using plaster". I use quotes because it is still highly debatable whether or not they actually used plaster in their gloves.

Discuss.
    Last edited by The Great Shark; 01-09-2010, 05:33 PM.

DLH had a lot backing up his skills such as speed and skills. Margarito had a chin and heart. I dont know id DLH had a better chin because DLH actually managed to slip a punch once in a while.

Comment

Anyone who says Margarito doesn't have an 100% granite chin is an absolute baffoon. There are only a few people who can walk into shot after shot after shot from guys like Clottey, Cotto and Cintron. The pounding he took against Mosely was just obscene but he was never actually knocked out - just unsteady. Considering how lax his defense is and how powerful Mosely was in that fight, landing those huge bombs, I actually increased my rating of Margarito's chin.

It's one of the best that has ever been seen in boxing.

Comment

I hope this is a joke.Margarito has shown the best chin of the last decade by far.

Cintron is a big puncher and he couldn't dent Margarito in two attempts.Mosley spent nine rounds teeing of on Margarito's cranium,did you expect him to still be standing at the end?

Your chin doesn't mean anything when your absorb as many power shots as Margarito did.He went down a battered man,he wasn't knocked out.

De La Hoya was never weight drained against Mosley like Margarito was,he never spent nine rounds as target practice either.

De La Hoya never showed that he had a great chin than Margarito,De La Hoya's chin has always been overrated.

Comment

Margarito's chin >>> Oscars chin.

You can't compare their fights w/ Mosley cuz' Oscar boxed and Margarito just smiled through punches and kept walking forward.

Oscar's not man enough to do that ****.

Comment

Some fighters have big hearts but their chins get broken
            Margaritos is solid, heck he was while getting stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

You can't compare their fights w/ Mosley cuz' Oscar boxed and Margarito just smiled through punches and kept walking forward.

I agree, Oscar isn't man enough to recieve 9 rounds of punches to the face

edit: **** just remembered pacquiao fight lol sorry oscar
              Last edited by P.WILL; 01-09-2010, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatShark View Post
                True story. If De La Hoya was able to take on Mosley twice on HGH, when they were both in their PRIMES, it explains two things; De La Hoya has one of the best chin's in the game and Margarito fights purely on will. Skills pays bills, but will overcomes skills. (Mosley just had both, lol)

Moving forward, Margarito has a lot of work ahead of him, hopefully we see him bounce back in a reputable fashion. If Toney, Mosley, Klitschko and the rest can be forgiven for using steroids, Margarito (AND CORRALES) can be forgiven for "using plaster". I use quotes because it is still highly debatable whether or not they actually used plaster in their gloves.

Discuss.
                lmo ahahaha ahahha

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post

Oscar looked like Vargarito against a midget, and quit.

Comment

LOL @ margarito not having a granite chin

Comment

Working...
                    X