Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Miss Having Someone Like PBF At The Top?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way boxing is going, we might never see that type of skills again.

I am not adoring PBF here, I am just looking at the trend 10 years ago Jones, Toney and Hopkins, go back to the late 80s and you have Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Nunn, McCallum, Chavez, Pea, Nelson. And if you go farther in the past, you will find that even non elite fighters were tremendously skilled.

Most fighters nowadays have a great athletic background but they are boys in terms of the depth of their game. I mean look at the two best active fighters. Pac and JC, freaks of nature with a big heart, but... it's there to see, and we are talking about veterans of the ring here!

Comment

Hell no.......

Comment

I wasn’t a fan of his antics but I’ll admit, when you have a truly master craftsman display his version of the sweet science like Floyd did, the sport misses that type of figurehead…

With that said, I don’t miss the Baldomir, Gatti, Bruseles type of mismatches

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post

I am not adoring PBF here, I am just looking at the trend 10 years ago Jones, Toney and Hopkins, go back to the late 80s and you have Leonard, Hagler, Duran, Nunn, McCallum, Chavez, Pea, Nelson. And if you go farther in the past, you will find that even non elite fighters were tremendously skilled.

Most fighters nowadays have a great athletic background but they are boys in terms of the depth of their game. I mean look at the two best active fighters. Pac and JC, freaks of nature with a big heart, but... it's there to see, and we are talking about veterans of the ring here!
          To be honest, right now i think its Hopkins, Casamayor, Mijares, Donaire, Calderon, toney and thats about it, the only guy i can think of coming up that might be on their level in the future is Lineares

Comment

Originally posted by dobermann28 View Post
            im just wondering,looking at the p4p list there is not really anyone like him about...not in terms of boxing!

i mean do you miss his trash talking and flashy antics?

i think it makes boxing exciting...every fight he was involved in was exciting.

i dont mean in the ring i mean out of it! (forget boxing for a moment)

when he was in a press confrence...YOU WATCHED. just to see what he was up to next.

i dont think there is anyone else like him in boxing today(aat least not on his level!) is it a wee bit boring without him?

cheers
            he was never at the top....

Comment

im just wondering,looking at the p4p list there is not really anyone like him about...not in terms of boxing!

when he was in a press confrence...YOU WATCHED. just to see what he was up to next.

i dont think there is anyone else like him in boxing today(aat least not on his level!) is it a wee bit boring without him?

cheers

If he would have tasken on the best, win or lose, at 147, I would miss him. If he would have backed up his tough talk, I would have missed him. If he would have fought like a gladiator after coming out dressed like one, I would have missed him. I do miss the Floyd Mayweather from the 130 division. Even 135. But the Floyd who fought at 147? Good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                To be honest, right now i think its Hopkins, Casamayor, Mijares, Donaire, Calderon, toney and thats about it, the only guy i can think of coming up that might be on their level in the future is Lineares
                I need to watch more (or again) of Mijares and Donaire, I am impressed by their fights I have seen, but wasnt ready to put them with those names.

The saddest part is that the other fighters you mentioned are over 30.

I have high hopes for Linares and Juanma Lopez. Gamboa seems like a lost cause to me.

Comment

No.................

Comment

cheers
                    Boxing is better off without the ****** ***.

Of course his idiot fans will say otherwise.

I mean who in their right mind will defend a guy who *****-retired instead of fighting top guys.

The parents of gayweather fans must be real DNA deficient to ever spawn such idiots in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post

Gayweather *****-retired instead of fighting top guys.

I know you have poor education but at least cant your idiot brain understand that?

Comment

Working...
                      X