Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: I'll Do My Two Mandatories, Then a Big Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I care about is that whoever fights BJS next isn't afraid to fight GGG next. Which is why I hope Canelo doesn't fight him right away, cuz he's already shown he's playing games at MW with GGG. Maybe Khurtside or Lemieux, who's said that he wants a GGG rematch.

Comment

I pray to god that the WBO give him a fighter in the top 10 as a mandatory ffs pleaaaaaaaaaseeeee

Comment

WBO Rankings

1. Avtandil Khurtsidze
        2. Tommy Langford
        3. Ryota Murata
        4. David Lemieux
        5. Hassam N’Dam N’Jikam
        6. Rob Brant
        7. Maciej Sulecki
        8. Willie Monroe, Jr.
        9. Ievgen Khytrov
        10. Artur Akavov

Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!

First off Khytrov, Lemieux and N’Jikam should be the guys who belong in those top three places instead we got Avtandil Khurtsidze who has no good wins and Langford another B.S. fighter with no good wins.

This is an absolute disgrace....

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          No before the injury, Bob said he wanted Gilberto to have one more fight this year, then GGG next year. So he wasn't ready for GGG this year regardless of the injury. There were multiple injuries where Bob said Gilberto needed a fight this year before GGG. That's how it always is with GGG. Everyone says I'll fight him, but not next. Including Gilberto, so far.
          Ramirez wasn't ducking GGG. The reality is that GGG thought he would fight Canelo, and that Ramirez would fight someone, and then the fight would happen. GGG did not fight Canelo, and Ramirez got hurt:

April 11, 2016:

There has been some reluctance from the favored Alvarez and also WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders of England to fight Golovkin, however.

Ramirez’s promoter, Bob Arum, has said since last year his plan for Ramirez was to beat Abraham, then challenge Golovkin.

Loeffler said after attending the Ramirez fight that he’s under the impression Arum will schedule a title defense against someone else around the summer, then move to fight Golovkin for the super-middleweight belt if the Alvarez-Khan winner or Saunders balk at Golovkin.

The move to 168 pounds would be temporary for Golovkin, said Loeffler, followed by a return to middleweight.

If the Alvarez-Khan winner doesn’t agree to begin negotiations with Golovkin 15 days after the fight at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, then Golovkin gains the WBC middleweight belt.

“If Canelo or Saunders won’t fight, Ramirez is the best option.… I’ve learned with Gennady I need a Plan A, B and C … so we can get a date,” Loeffler said. “Ramirez would be the biggest fighter [at nearly 6-foot-2] that Gennady has fought. He has a following and gained new fans Saturday night. It’d be a huge event, to combine that with the momentum and energy Gennady has. Gennady just needs to win April 23.”

The optimal choice is Alvarez. With Manny Pacquiao joining Floyd Mayweather Jr. in retirement, Alvarez is boxing’s biggest name.

But there is speculation, including that by Arum last week, that Alvarez won’t fight Golovkin.

“Bob doesn’t promote Canelo,” Loeffler said. “Everyone can have an opinion. Until Canelo makes a decision, it’s up to him … and hard to speculate. I know Canelo is a proud champion and not afraid to take risks. Canelo is one of my favorite fighters. We have a great relationship with [his promoter, Oscar De La Hoya’s] Golden Boy. It’s nothing personal, but Gennady wants the WBC title, whether he wins it or is anointed.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...411-story.html

Zurdo is not ducking the fight! GGG wanted Canelo first. It's possible that GGG fights Zurdo after Jacobs or whoever in March! Let's hope it happens!
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-05-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by taes View Post
            This guy is absolute garbage. Fortunately for him the WBO ranking list is a who's who of absolute nobodies. He could spend the rest of his life dishing up ****fest after ****fest and continue to call himself a world champ. What a f***** farce.
            It was a horrible performance on Saturday. A real let down. But he's not garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              Everybody knows he's garbage. That's why GGG putting his career on hold to try and unify all the belts is a waste of time. Because even when BJS is ready to cash out and take a big fight. GGG won't be first on his wish list. It will be Canelo. And even if and when GGG finally does get BJS in the ring and beats him, he will have accomplished what? Absolutely nothing. He will have beaten a C class bum (and that's being generous) that does nothing for his resume. And will add to a long list of Who the F.uck is that opponents that litter GGG's legacy.
              Get real.

BJS isn't a C class bum.

He was great against Andy Lee. If you've followed his career you'll know that he's a gifted fighter. He looked horrible on Saturday though. But I can't say I was that shocked considering the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                OMG I so ****ing called it

The only reason he was critical of his own performance was to justify the need for more weak opponents
                That's not true.

Although his performance on Saturday should rightly be criticised, you should appreciate his honesty. Because he doesn't want to just sell his belt. He wants to be in the best possible shape to test himself against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Canelo needs to move up and put an immediate end to this embarrassing 'title reign'.

Saunders is *****, he's holding a belt hostage and he really brings nothing to the sport.
                  I think it's harsh to say he's holding the belt hostage.

He was due to fight earlier on in the year until he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... just about the same here!!!...
                    ... I'm also beginning to suspect that BJS did look so bad on purpose!
                    Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                      Doubt it happens, Vacarcel has gone on the record saying BJS needs to make to mandatory defenses back to back, and one of them will be Canelo, Paco want's that belt on Canelo's waist so the more Billy can get is just one more fight before a top guy.

I always thought Saunders would be a very difficult fight for Canelo based on styles but based on what I saw on this wth is Akavaov fight..............................I think Canelo will beat him easy time.

Then prepare my folks, 3 belts vs 1 belt, total unified champion since Jermain Taylor, GGG vs Canelo Sep. 2017
                      The version of BJS who fought Lee would certainly pose a huge threat to Canelo. He was in great shape, he was very sharp, and he was composed.

He looked truly awful on Saturday. But against Canelo in a huge fight, he would obviously be much better prepared both physically and mentally.

Comment

Working...
                      X