Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What age is a boxer in his prime? Is GGG already past prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since GGG made his American debut, I've only seem him look vulnerable one time, in 2013 when Curtis Stevens landed a good one-two out of the corner that made GGG back up, clearly a bit dazed.

So far, GGG has been able to mask any physical decline with technique and discipline. I think he is in prime and will be until he physically declines very far.

Comment

To take it a step further, if people think he's getting older based off his performance against Brook, stop right there.

The GGG that Brook fought still beats the Adama's, Monroe's, Rosado's and Macklin's of boxing any day of the week. Brook was just the best opponent he's faced thus far.
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 09-25-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Neither GGG nor Chocolatito will be able to get 5 more wins before taking a loss. Chocolatito seems more likely to lose since he's taking the greater risks.

Comment

Im 38, and I started feeling age catching up with me around 34 or 35. Granted Im not a pro fighter, but moving furniture for 15 years is a very physical job. I started feeling it in my knees and joints, and didn't quite have the pep I did in my late 20s. The strength is still there. Im saying all this to say that Im sure GGG is starting to feel father time creeping up on him, but he still is going to be a force to be reckoned with for a few more years

Comment

Working...
          X