No announcement yet.

I Know It's a Tad Early But... Price v Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know It's a Tad Early But... Price v Joshua

If they fought next month - who would you have as favourite?

Apparently Price is taking on Chisora in the new year for the British title.

It will be interesting to see where his head game's at because he went to pieces in his last fight.

Early signs on Joshua are that he has a good level of focus and desire to impose his will. At this point I'd have to back Price, but if he's not mentally recovered who knows? He could have another panic attack in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
      Apparently Price is taking on Chisora in the new year for the British title.

It will be interesting to see where his head game's at because he went to pieces in his last fight.

Early signs on Joshua are that he has a good level of focus and desire to impose his will. At this point I'd have to back Price, but if he's not mentally recovered who knows? He could have another panic attack in the ring.
      If Price is fighting Chisora next year he needs to get two bouts under his belt first including one that goes 8 or more rounds.

But sizewise Joshua is only 1 1/2 inches shorter than Price although 20 pounds lighter.

**** knows what Chisora is going to come in at in his next bout. He was 26 pounds lighter for Gerber than he was for Fury!

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
        If Price is fighting Chisora next year he needs to get two bouts under his belt first including one that goes 8 or more rounds.

But sizewise Joshua is only 1 1/2 inches shorter than Price although 20 pounds lighter.

**** knows what Chisora is going to come in at in his next bout. He was 26 pounds lighter for Gerber than he was for Fury!
        Chisora's fighting November 30th so I'd imagine Price will want to be in action sometime in early December. I think his team might have him fighting a no mark, possibly in Europe away from what he feels is the 'pressure' of support he gets in Liverpool. Now he's with Booth though it'll be interesting to see what approach he wants him to take in tackling his fear.

Comment

Now he's with Booth though it'll be interesting to see what approach he wants him to take in tackling his fear.
          I don't think 'fear' is quite the right phrase although it does manifest itself in many ways.

He's just so tense. He needs to breathe & relax & let the punches flow.

Or just stick to Prizefighter.

Comment

I think id still take Price at this stage, but i don't think i would for much longer though

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              I don't think 'fear' is quite the right phrase although it does manifest itself in many ways.

He's just so tense. He needs to breathe & relax & let the punches flow.

Or just stick to Prizefighter.
              Tension, anxiety, nerves. They're all on the spectrum of the same emotion - fear. I just like to get to the heart of the issue. It's how I've always handled it by getting to the root emotion and tackling it from there. So my use of the word reflects the approach I take.

Which of course is idiosyncratic and your right to pull me on it. Semantics are important, especially when we're talking to strangers, so I'll rephrase it and say nerves.

It going to be interesting and see what Booth can do with him, I think he's the right man for the job. It's probably no coincidence that after the loss when other pundits and 'experts' were talking about him being gassed due to fitness issues Booth was the one voice that I'm aware of talking about him being gassed because he became swamped with nerves.

He's the first British trainer that comes to mind who I believe has the knowledge and tools to help Price with that.

Comment

Tension, anxiety, nerves. They're all on the spectrum of the same emotion - fear. I just like to get to the heart of the issue. It's how I've always handled it by getting to the root emotion and tackling it from there. So my use of the word reflects the approach I take.

Which of course is idiosyncratic and your right to pull me on it. Semantics are important, especially when we're talking to strangers, so I'll rephrase it and say nerves.

It going to be interesting and see what Booth can do with him, I think he's the right man for the job. It's probably no coincidence that after the loss when other pundits and 'experts' were talking about him being gassed due to fitness issues Booth was the one voice that I'm aware of talking about him being gassed because he became swamped with nerves.

He's the first British trainer that comes to mind who I believe has the knowledge and tools to help Price with that.
                I wasn't necessarily pulling you on it. I know you're not one to slag off fighters to make yourself feel better.

Nerves is a much better way of describing it although I do liken it to the BERSEKER that the Vikings used to do to get themselves geed up for a battle.

In the rematch against Thompson he seemed to 'want it' so much that he tensed himself out of the fight. His muscles were not relaxed at all and expended too much energy.

Comment

Working...
                X