No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lock Up"

Movie starring Sylvester Stallone as an excon who was doing time in a minimal security prison a few days at a time to fulfill him sentence as he is abrubtly transfered to a Maximum Security Prison who is run by a mad warden(Donald Sutherland) who is trying to get back at Frank(stallone) for excaping his prison years ago and bringing to the press all the wrong deeds the warden did before. Will Frank survive the last 6 months of his sentence with the warden out for his revenge?

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Powder Blue

Story of 4 people all brought together by different circumstances.
      Starring, Forest Whitaker, Jessica Biel and Ray Liotta

My Rating - 8/10

Comment

• Is Iron Man II worth renting? I though the first one was a bit over rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
          Is Iron Man II worth renting? I though the first one was a bit over rated.
          Well the second one is worse than the first so.....

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
            Is Iron Man II worth renting? I though the first one was a bit over rated.
            I wouldn't spend the money, wait til it's free to download.

Comment

• "Major League 2"

This is a movie starring a great cast such as Charlie Sheen, Tom Berringer, Omar Epps to name a few. Its the sequel to Major League and takes place the following year when the Indians are bought out from the evil former female owner and expected to win again due to having all the same guys plus some. Once they start the season everyone realizes it may be the same team but the people are all different and seemed to have lost their edge for the game.

Overall good movie not as good as the first one but it was still pretty good. Fun made up sports movie.

Rocco Rating 7 out of 10

Comment

• Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan (2007)

The story recounts the early life of Genghis Khan who was a slave before going on to conquer half the world including Russia in 1206.
                Written and Directed by Sergey Bodrov. This was an incredible, insightful movie. It shows Genghis Khan as a young boy called Temudjin from age 9, on. Bodrov primarily focuses on Genghis Khans ability to unite warring factions and his military genius, which kind of makes it one-sided, but I understand the point of the movie. A great watch, although it was kind of long. Great action scenes, a lot of blood, and not a dull moment.

Rating 9/10

Comment

• Michael Clayton

5/5

Comment

• Mean Creek.

Couple of teenagers go on a boat trip. **** goes wrong.

8/10

Comment

• "Lady In White"

This is a suspense/horror flick that came out in the 80's it's about a boy locked in a school closet during Halloween 1962, young Frank witnesses the ghost of a young girl and the man who murdered her years ago. Shortly afterward he finds himself stalked by the killer and is soon drawn to an old house where a mysterious Lady In White lives. As he discovers the secret of the woman he soon finds that the killer may be someone close to him.

When I was younger this movie totally freaked me out and I was always scared of it, there are a few scenes that still to this day not because they are gruesome or even scary it's just the sheer truth about that day and age in the 60's and segregation. Watching the movie even today didnt so much freak me out because now I understand the movie, the whole story and dont know it just because it was scary to me as a kid.

The special effects in this film were absolutely atrocious, the acting at points was pretty bad, the story was great I loved it, it was true to the times that it was portraying, still could be scary to some.

Rocco Rating 7.5 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                      X