No announcement yet.

Berto = NO MAN'S LAND......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto = NO MAN'S LAND......

I feel bad for Andre Berto....I truly appreciate his skills and heart...but my personal opinion is that he is in "No Man's Land" as far as to where and what he can do.....

If he stays in the Welterweight Division....he is competition with Floyd and Manny and maybe Shane (still) for being the top dog...which I don't see him getting past any of the three mentioned......

If he drops down to Jr Welterweight....he might be draining himself to make weight...whereas Bradley, Alexander and now Khan are looking comfortable and showcasing the talent in that deep division....I just don't think that Berto would be effective down there.....

If he moves up to Jr. Middleweight....well....we all know just how deep that division is...and when Tyson Jr. (Kirkland) comes back....no way in hell can Berto establish himself in the 154lb. realm....throw in Martinez, P-Willy and Berto finds himself in the same situation as in the 147lb division.....

This IS NOT A "BASH ON BERTO THREAD".....more so a "DAM HE IS STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE THREAD"......

What ya'll think?

you never know how the future shapes up in boxing..he might be at the top of his game when the top 140 pounders move up to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan_79 View Post
      I feel bad for Andre Berto....I truly appreciate his skills and heart...but my personal opinion is that he is in "No Man's Land" as far as to where and what he can do.....

If he stays in the Welterweight Division....he is competition with Floyd and Manny and maybe Shane (still) for being the top dog...which I don't see him getting past any of the three mentioned......

If he drops down to Jr Welterweight....he might be draining himself to make weight...whereas Bradley, Alexander and now Khan are looking comfortable and showcasing the talent in that deep division....I just don't think that Berto would be effective down there.....

If he moves up to Jr. Middleweight....well....we all know just how deep that division is...and when Tyson Jr. (Kirkland) comes back....no way in hell can Berto establish himself in the 154lb. realm....throw in Martinez, P-Willy and Berto finds himself in the same situation as in the 147lb division.....

This IS NOT A "BASH ON BERTO THREAD".....more so a "DAM HE IS STUCK BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE THREAD"......

What ya'll think?
      Maybe when he'll come out he won't be the same...!

I think Berto should drop to 140; he's to small for a Jr. MW.

Comment

if i was berto i would push for a mosley fight or a clottey fight.
        Cuz i see berto beating both then berto can try to get a floyd fight or a pac fight.

Comment

There are plenty of good fighters at welterweight albeit unknown ones...I would like to see him fight Selcuk Aydin

Comment

Originally posted by 01samuelc View Post
            you never know how the future shapes up in boxing..he might be at the top of his game when the top 140 pounders move up to 147.
            Bradley is fighting Abregu @ 147lbs (since Maidana is off) and I know Bradley will box Abregu's ass off....but come on...Abre-fukin-Gu????? I'm sure there was a better test out there for Bradley....

Alexander ain't goin anywhere north of 140lbs anytime soon...he knows he'll get smashed....

Khan has already stated that he wants to clean out the 140lb. division....so that means that he'll have to face Bradley and Alexander......so that's at least another 2-3 years of JrWW fighting for all three....

Comment

Originally posted by SOY-COMO-SOY View Post
              if i was berto i would push for a mosley fight or a clottey fight.
              Cuz i see berto beating both then berto can try to get a floyd fight or a pac fight.
              I still don't see Berto beating Mosley, even with the Floyd performance, becuase Floyd DEMORALIZED him...I highly doubt that Berto can do that to Mosely.....

Clottey I can see Berto winning via SD....Clottey has the kind of style that can make ANY fighter look BAD...(ex. Hopkins)......

I don't see Berto getting a shot at either Floyd or Manny...he hasn't been on 1 PPV (that I can remember)....so he brings nothing to the table, he doesn't have a fanbase and his father shouts too loudly from his seat while in-between rounds....

Just my opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                There are plenty of good fighters at welterweight albeit unknown ones...I would like to see him fight Selcuk Aydin
                There are always "plenty of good fights, albeit unkown ones" at EVERY DIVISION....the problem is that fighters don't want to take the risks, especially if the money isn't right...which is the reason why Berto/ Collazo II fell thru.....

Comment

Originally posted by -EAGLE- View Post
                  Maybe when he'll come out he won't be the same...!

I think Berto should drop to 140; he's to small for a Jr. MW.
                  You kidding me?!?!?!?!

Let's look at some examples of fighters who served time and came out....

Tyson -> Lost his edge after Douglas....but still had the same "search and destroy" attitude in the ring......

B-Hop -> On his way to becoming a 1st ballot HOFer and ATG.....

Kirkland -> As long as he keeps his bodyguard...err....trainer Ann "Owns the Greates KO on a White Girl" Wolfe...Kirkland can go far....his imprisonment wasn't even due to him being violent...he violated terms of his parole...he admitted to it, did his time, and its time to get back into shape and KOing his competition....

Comment

He's young though so he should just stay the course and continue fighting at 147. Big fights will come to him eventually as long as he keeps winning.

If he were in his mid 30's or something I would agree, but he's young enough to where it's ok to be at where he's at.

Even if he never lands Pac or Floyd, he still can chase mosley and lets not forget there is so much talent at 140 that some of those guys will inevitably go up to 147. Like Khan or Bradley and by that time, they could very well be big stars.

Comment

Working...
                    X