Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Ike Quartey vs Floyd Mayweather at 147. Who'd win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quartey wins it because the Mayweather at 147 is a bit to cautious and would have problems with his jab. Mayweather does do well down the stretch though.

A tall speedy jabber would give Floyd the most problems. Winky Wright for example would give him nightmares.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
      Quartey wins it because the Mayweather at 147 is a bit to cautious and would have problems with his jab. Mayweather does do well down the stretch though.

A tall speedy jabber would give Floyd the most problems. Winky Wright for example would give him nightmares.
      Yeah Floyd would never be able to deal with Winky. It's hard to say who'd win that fight with Quartey though. If I had to choose I might say Quartey by a close decision. People ***** and moan about Floyd's opposition at welterweight, but everyone just wants to see him lose. He shouldn't have gone higher than 140 to be honest, and Ike is big at 147. No one complains that Pacquiao didn't jump to fight Margarito, or that Roy Jones didn't fight Lennox Lewis/Klitschko, so why all the Mayweather hate?

Comment

No one will ever beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
          Yeah Floyd would never be able to deal with Winky. It's hard to say who'd win that fight with Quartey though. If I had to choose I might say Quartey by a close decision. People ***** and moan about Floyd's opposition at welterweight, but everyone just wants to see him lose. He shouldn't have gone higher than 140 to be honest, and Ike is big at 147. No one complains that Pacquiao didn't jump to fight Margarito, or that Roy Jones didn't fight Lennox Lewis/Klitschko, so why all the Mayweather hate?
          Because Mayweather fought at Welterweight for 2 years instead of one fight. He was the legitimate champ. I think the problem most people really had with Mayweather was him not fighting Cotto after Hatton. That was my problem with him.

Though many people criticized him for not fighting Marg, but that was completely unwarranted imo.

Comment

yup, bazooka at his prime would be the best opposition floyd would meet.. and i do believe ike would UD PBF at 147.. ike is a big 147 and has one of the best jab followed by the power punch..

as what the other poster says, PBF have no business fighting the best at 147 and up.. he should stay at 140 and i do give him a chance of beating the greats there..

Comment

You guys are fools...

Floyd Mayweather Jr is a magical ninja that can dodge air..... AIR!!!

Comment

quarteys superb jab would give floyd issues but i think floyd would adjust and win

one way to beat a good jabber is to time rights over the top of their jab, and like silencers said, quartey was open to that

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                  quarteys superb jab would give floyd issues but i think floyd would adjust and win

one way to beat a good jabber is to time rights over the top of their jab, and like silencers said, quartey was open to that
                  You act like Ike only had the jab, his left hook knocked down plenty of fighters including DLH, I still think he beat DLH. His right was also very strong. Ike hit hard with both hands, had a great peak a boo style (when he fought pre-DLH). His defense was solid.

Why do people keep only mentioning his jab? It was one of the best of the past 20 years no doubt, but dude had more then a jab, including defense, left hook and straight right(power in both hands). His jab was a straight power punch and difficult to avoid since he sometimes doubled and tripled up on the jab, which made it much harder to time.

Comment

Mayweather would neutralise his jab and win a easy UD

Comment

Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
                      You act like Ike only had the jab, his left hook knocked down plenty of fighters including DLH, I still think he beat DLH. His right was also very strong. Ike hit hard with both hands, had a great peak a boo style (when he fought pre-DLH). His defense was solid.

Why do people keep only mentioning his jab? It was one of the best of the past 20 years no doubt, but dude had more then a jab, including defense, left hook and straight right(power in both hands). His jab was a straight power punch and difficult to avoid since he sometimes doubled and tripled up on the jab, which made it much harder to time.
                      Because his jab was his main punch, he had a really good hook and a tight defense but his jab is what would give Mayweather the most problems, not his hook.

Comment

Working...
                      X