Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first sign of the Xbox One's Hardware Inferiority

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could play blu rays on a ps3, it's nothing new to Playstation users. Only reason ps3 doesn't have party/cross game chat is due to ram restrictions, nothing to do with psn not being up to snuff, teh PS Vita has it for fuck sake.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
      You could play blu rays on a ps3, it's nothing new to Playstation users. Only reason ps3 doesn't have party/cross game chat is due to ram restrictions, nothing to do with psn not being up to snuff, teh PS Vita has it for fuck sake.
      Who said anything about blu rays? I'm talking gaming here.

Regardless of the reason, PS3 didn't have it this generation and it was a huge drawback for a ton of people I know who'd already been used to voice communication while gaming either on the PC or the 360/Original Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Who said anything about blu rays? I'm talking gaming here.

Regardless of the reason, PS3 didn't have it this generation and it was a huge drawback for a ton of people I know who'd already been used to voice communication while gaming either on the PC or the 360/Original Xbox.
        You can still use mics to talk to your friends while you play on teh PS3, just not while you play a different game.

I just brought up blu rays to annoy you, since you're a dvd fanboy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            You must've been high when you were playing then. Either that or you've not played both consoles online often enough to notice the difference.

I don't know how PSN runs nowadays, but before my original PS3 YLOD'd on me I played it quite a bit, but rarely ever online because I was so used to how reliable XBL was and frankly, PSN was **** by comparison. I was constantly experiencing lag and dropping out of games, plus the lack of constant voice communication was a big drawback, as well.

That's all current gen complaints, though.

We'll see how Sony's online service works this time around now that they're actually putting some serious cash into it.

We already know that XBL won't experience any problems on the server front, with MS offering up another 300,000 + dedicated servers.
            it really doesn't make any difference whether you pay for the service or not. this is often an incorrect assumption by XBL users. your lag experience is completely dependent on whether the individual game runs on a P2P system or has dedicated servers.

for example:
            BF4 on the PS3 will have little to no lag because it runs on dedicated servers.
            call of duty ghosts on XBOX 360 is entirely a crap shoot because it's P2P.

i've only ever been disconnected from PSN when it was hacked or if there's maintenance going on. but apart from that, i was happy with a free service.

e/
            XBL has a larger community so there's higher probability of being paired with a host in your vicinity in a P2P system. i've also had a string of bad luck while i played black ops on PS3 but technically, that isn't sony's fault.
            Last edited by John Barron; 11-09-2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

So the fact that XBox has obviously superior online is by sheer fluke, and has nothing to do with the fact that you pay a (very) small fee for itt

Comment

earl, i heard you were a fanboy so naturally you would think my post was an attack. XBL has better social features that encourage a better online community, that isn't a fluke, it is by design. but i wasn't talking about that. let me explain it clearly: online stability, they're about the same.
                Last edited by John Barron; 11-10-2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  So the fact that XBox has obviously superior online is by sheer fluke, and has nothing to do with the fact that you pay a (very) small fee for itt
                  No it wasn't fluke it was designed into the 360 and not the PS3. Which isn't the case this time around, we're talking about the new consoles not the old.

Comment

Advanced Warfare graphics comparison. The PS4 is clearly the superior version. You can see the full detail in all the textures and look at the crushed blacks on the XBox.

If the resolution disparity wasn't already a clear indication, this should erase all doubts about which is clearly the more powerful machine.

Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-13-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X