No announcement yet.

Does Buboy contribute in the corner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Buboy contribute in the corner?

Can one of the Filipino posters answer this question for me.

Every time I watch Pac fight, in the corner I always I see Buboy talking over Freddie Roach in Tagalog.

Is he translating what Freddie is saying or just making up his own thing?

Because there are times it looks like Freddie is trying to say something and Buboy is just talking over the top.

He is translating most of freddies instructions and giving his own. Buboy is cool. I bet he'd take a bullet for pac.

Comment

i'm sure manny understands english/roach perfectly. maybe he just likes hearing a friendly voice?

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
        i'm sure manny understands english/roach perfectly. maybe he just likes hearing a friendly voice?
        Yeah sometimes it does seem that Buboy is translating what Roach is saying. He sometimes gives his own advice but Roach doesn't seem to like it, didn't he cry a couple of times too? But for the most part I think he is there because he is Manny's friend like you said, he must just want his friend with him when he's fighting.

Comment

yep he's sometimes translating freddie's and sometime giving his own instruction

Comment

only pac knows

Comment

Yes, he shouts instructions in Filipino in Manny's ear. He's Manny's trusted friend and helps motivate him, wrap hands etc.

Comment

If anything, he's probably a distraction...you think that fat slob knows more about boxing than Roach?

Comment

Sure he serves a purpose as does everyone in Manny's corner:

Arum: The brains
                  Manny: The muscle
                  Roach: Whatever
                  Ariza: Special shakes
                  Koncz: Stock tips
                  Buboy: The appetite
                  Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Good question, I always wonder why roach just doesn't tell PAC the instructions himself. Why does he make it seem like PAC doesn't understand when he clearly does. I always wonder if buboy is even telling PAC the right things. I know roach tells buboy then buboy translate it to manny but why doesnt roach just talk to manny himself. Thruout training they both can talk and joke around but in a actual fight between rounds it's like manny doesn't understand English now lol.

Having ur trainer talk to u directly can shed a lot of light and motivate a fighter when he needs it the most. I just feel like buboy is not even telling manny the same thing roach is asking him too. It's like Roach will tell buboy, tell manny in and out and a little more head movement don't get caught in a slug fest yet and buboy will then tell PAC be aggressive push push and attack lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X