Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Boxer Should Have a Film Made About them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Barney Ross.
    The war scene would be epic.

Comment

bobby chacon

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        The war scene would be epic.
        kassim ouma

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          I haven't even heard of that, never mind watched it. Is it any good? 2008 as well.
          Not really.

Dead average but still a decent watch for a Boxing fan.

I got it from Poundland.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            kassim ouma
            Ross fought on his own to keep 3 soldiers he was with safe in a small crater, fired 200 round off and threw 22 grenades at the Japanese, 2 of the soldiers died and Ross carried the last one too safety while he himself had a wounded arm and leg, add too that the rest of his Army time, him being abandoned by his Mom after his Dad died and living on his own as a thug from age 12 (?) too then working for Al Capone, following him through his drug addiction and recovery and obviously his boxing career.

No matter how sad and dramatic Ouma's life was I'd much rather watch a film on Ross.

Comment

Some other good ones IMO :

Johnny Tapia
              Arturo Gatti
              Robinson
              Tyson
              Arguello

Comment

Ross fought on his own to keep 3 soldiers he was with safe in a small crater, fired 200 round off and threw 22 grenades at the Japanese, 2 of the soldiers died and Ross carried the last one too safety while he himself had a wounded arm and leg, add too that the rest of his Army time, him being abandoned by his Mom after his Dad died and living on his own as a thug from age 12 (?) too then working for Al Capone, following him through his drug addiction and recovery and obviously his boxing career.

No matter how sad and dramatic Ouma's life was I'd much rather watch a film on Ross.
                And the fact he overcame his drug addiction and gave lectures at universities about the dangers of drugs, if I recall correctly.

George Chuvalo is another for a movie.

Comment

Barney Ross.
                  This is the one I want to see made the most. Ross' life is fascinating, loved the biography by Douglas Century. I know there is the movie "Monkey on my back", which I have not seen, but an updated movie would be great.

Comment

I was just reading about Joe Gans' story earlier. I think he'd be a great choice.

Comment

Tom Molineaux

Comment

Working...
                      X